Another idiot screwing it up for everybody

Yes there are idiots out there, and newbies who just do not know what they are doing.
I do not believe that all the reports are a genuine sighting, I do not doubt the pilots saw something, but was it always a quadcopter. The report outlines a sighting report that was later found to be a plastic bag.
The report above quotes a pilot seeing one pass within 0.5 miles, yes pilots have very good sight and observation skills, but I certainly cannot see mine at 2500ft away. I have seen reports of sightings at 10000ft AGL an amazing altitude for a hobby quad, or even a commercial quad.
I thing the report was reasonably balanced and outlined the scale of the problem without being sensationalist and calling for a ban. A few prosecutions would do wonders to educate the mindless perpetrators.
I agree it is very dangerous to fly within 5 miles of an airport, and all this bad publicity may eventually lead to the demise of hobby fliers, we need to condemn them at all times.
I understand there are far more reports of lasers being aimed at pilots, perhaps start here and ban sales of high powered lasers.

Reactions: JetLife

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94