Another day of traffic analysis...

Reaction score
It's not the most exciting drone work in the world, but it pays the bills.

Battery charging bay...works off car battery.

DSC04704.JPG

I set them up for 6 amps each, but I can charge Phantom 4 batteries as high as 10 amps.

DSC04705.JPG

One of my better ideas. iPads are not only up and out of the way, but because my window is tinted with illegal "Limo" tint, the iPad stay cool, even in Summer.

The client demands precision, so videos are shot to the exact second - hence the clock.

DSC04708.JPG

Home base.

DSC04711.JPG

D

I saw some of that before. I love it. If you’re going to be a pro, be the best and make things work for you. When you work in something long enough you make jigs and little things that makes your work easier. I gave up my rights working for Johnson Controls, but I made a few devices that made work faster and easier.
I like what George Patton said about not telling someone how to do something, but tell them you need something done and watch how cleaver they do it.

Hehe...believe it or not, that car is plenty big. Plus she's 4WD and gets 32-36 mpg. And she's old with black windows so nobody knows the contents are worth 3 to 4 times the car's value...doh!

D
Aahhh,makes good sense ,,hey couple questions please,,me like the tripod idea and have just got tripod for camera so not have to hold remote due to weight,(10/1 tablet and itelite panel ),how have you mounted it for remote,bit hard to see in picture and what exactly does you do ? I can read traffic times on your sheet,is that like a news traffic report thing,,just curious due to times and minutes spent in the air between those times,like eye in the sky instead of helicopters,,yip your sorted flying for work,how cool,

I got this to adapt,,,going to have base plate but looking for mounting ideas..thanks for any ideas
Ian
15743125046537787841783769683339.jpg
15743123338661625569863976097614.jpg

Aahhh,makes good sense ,,hey couple questions please,,me like the tripod idea and have just got tripod for camera so not have to hold remote due to weight,(10/1 tablet and itelite panel ),how have you mounted it for remote,bit hard to see in picture and what exactly does you do ?

The device that is holding the remote is designed for iPads. I simply mount my remote where an iPad would normally go.

I can read traffic times on your sheet,is that like a news traffic report thing,,just curious due to times and minutes spent in the air between those times,like eye in the sky instead of helicopters,,

It's traffic analysis. The videos go back to an engineering firm who then analyze the traffic patterns. What they do with their analysis, I don't know. I've never asked.

yip your sorted flying for work,how cool,

Not sure what you mean here, but thanx!

D

I got this to adapt,,,going to have base plate but looking for mounting ideas..thanks for any ideas
IanView attachment 115691View attachment 115690

My tripod is actually a speaker stand. It's lighter than a camera tripod, far sturdier and allows me to raise my remote to a height of almost 10 feet.

Here's a better look at the rig in this video.

D

Wow good advice there,I see I'm going searching for cable now and look at some iPad mounts,sorry for my #7 post,thought I said something wrong,,traffic analysis sounds like when traffic lights change colour mayby ? Your method of remote holder is nice unlike me was going to open remote and mount this black cam mount to it,then it will just be part of tripod which goes on and off when not used.but means more holes in remote(air conditioning) I do have another brand new remote which is stock and I link between the 2 of them depending what I doing,it will get moded one day ,till then this remote still work good,was from first p4,,,ok thanks for the vid and good idea,I have it sorted soon and chuck some pics up ,,thanks again D
Ian:)
15743177838162620225980277528026.jpg

Reactions: Harleydude
Wow good advice there,I see I'm going searching for cable now and look at some iPad mounts,sorry for my #7 post,thought I said something wrong,,traffic analysis sounds like when traffic lights change colour mayby ? Your method of remote holder is nice unlike me was going to open remote and mount this black cam mount to it,then it will just be part of tripod which goes on and off when not used.but means more holes in remote(air conditioning) I do have another brand new remote which is stock and I link between the 2 of them depending what I doing,it will get moded one day ,till then this remote still work good,was from first p4,,,ok thanks for the vid and good idea,I have it sorted soon and chuck some pics up ,,thanks again D
Ian:)
View attachment 115692

With all due respect, all the boost in the world won't work if you can't find an open channel....<:^0

D

What kinda range do you get with that antenna? That thing is the real deal
Thanks not one to fly out of sight now days,to many risks where I am,its only 1.2 watt but works awesome as is,,you can boost them with amps but no need to,never had any transmission issues or disconnects, it's just good to have image and trouble free flights,,used this on first p4 and now use on new p4 ,my remote dedicated to this panel but is bulky and have stock remote but not like the antennas. It will fly off into sunset very easy ;)
20191122_094311.jpg

Reactions: PhoenixOne
It's not the most exciting drone work in the world, but it pays the bills.

Battery charging bay...works off car battery.

View attachment 115685

I set them up for 6 amps each, but I can charge Phantom 4 batteries as high as 10 amps.

View attachment 115686

One of my better ideas. iPads are not only up and out of the way, but because my window is tinted with illegal "Limo" tint, the iPad stay cool, even in Summer.

The client demands precision, so videos are shot to the exact second - hence the clock.

View attachment 115688

Home base.

View attachment 115689

D
Hey I ended up doing this,took 15 min to do,made alloy bracket..kiwi style,, works awsome .pictures taken with tablet otherwise it be in picture to,,hold the weight nice
20191122_111003.jpg
20191122_111036.jpg
20191122_112050.jpg

Reactions: PhoenixOne
I bought one of these, it works great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav