Another 4K video question...

Reaction score
I cannot get beyond 1080p as far as video clarity is concerned...

Just curious what equipment / environment are you guys utilizing that enables the ability to enjoy the benefits of viewing the 4k video..

Im playing it back on a new mac pro (quad core I7) my sd cards are extreme plus (90 read/write)..
Can someone explain in Layman's terms what am i doing wrong ?
I welcome all criticism and instruction.. I have searched the issue and google was not my friend.. not to mention the fact I enjoy the interaction..

Last edited:
4K is 3480x2160. Your Mac Pro, is 2560x1600, which is 2.7K, which the advanced and standard shoot. Quite simply, the monitor/display you use can't support the 4K that you shoot in.

4K is 3480x2160. Your Mac Pro, is 2560x1600, which is 2.7K, which the advanced and standard shoot. Quite simply, the monitor/display you use can't support the 4K that you shoot in.

I do not think it is fair to say that a 2560x1600 won't 'support' 4K video. If it will play back and do so at the full frame rate, then his machine will support a 4K workflow.

The OP did not state exactly what the issue is. Many talk of the jitters, dropped frames, colors flashing and heavy artifacts that point to an issue OTHER than the monitor. Absent of that kind of clarification, for all we know the OP shot in h265 and has no codec installed to play it at all.

I have a 4K TV but how do I view this video on my TV? I have used Apple TV and Youtube but the video doesn't seem to be in 4K.

I have a 4K TV but how do I view this video on my TV? I have used Apple TV and Youtube but the video doesn't seem to be in 4K.
There is a USB port on mine that I can plug a thumb drive into. I do this to view my GoPro 4K videos.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr