Almost flew away

I did post my flight Record Hoping somebody can answer why
Here's what your flight data looks like:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It appears that the issue was due to Precision Landing having difficulty finding the launch point.
GPS brought the Phantom back to a point 295 feet directly above the home point and the Phantom started descending.
At 43 feet, the Phantom started looking for the home point using the optical technology of Precision Landing.
It started wandering because it was having difficulty matching the image it recorded after takeoff.
It kept searching and reached a horizontal speed of 8 mph while still descending.
A look at Google Earth shows that your home point is a grassy area among trees and probably also has shadows at some times of the day.
These conditions are not helpful for Precision Landing.
Added to that, by the time it was 11 feet above the ground, the Phantom was losing GPS because of the tree cover.

Here's the section of the manual about Precision Landing. Note D & E which were probably factors.
i-3xJPKTZ-L.jpg

There's probably nothing wrong with your Phantom, just your choice of landing spot.
Try precision landing out in the open where it can get an image that it can match to the ground surface when it returns.
If the launch area is all featureless and Precision Landing would have trouble, switch off Precision Landing and just use GPS which will put within a few feet of the home point.

Meta4 Thank you I will in a open field and I think I will make a colorful landing pad the one I made is solid gray I think if I put a few colors in it It will see it better Thanks again

What I don’t understan is that every thing was working good the bird was looking for the landing pad then it just took off. If that tree was not there who know what would have happen. But anyway everything is good
The bird (Doris) is doing well

Am having a problem seeing the DJI GO Camera on my phone when i have connected the UAV to the RC, the screen is blank. Any help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT