Algorithm that may save quadcopters from destruction

Reaction score
Just found this on the internet and I found it very interesting for Quadcopters
http://www.gizmag.com/quadcopter-failure-algorithm/30031/

Basicall it is al algorithm on the flying computer that makes you quadcopter fly to a more or less safe landing even after loosing one engine or even loosing one propeller.

Not sure if this has been posted here before since this is from 2013 but I think that would be a great feature to have implemented basically because will surely reduce the drone damage in case of such event but also because it would surely alleviate the danger of the drone falling out of controll over people and property although we should not be flying over people concentrations, shouldn't we? ;)

Just found this on the internet and I found it very interesting for Quadcopters
Algorithm lets quadcopters keep flying on three or less propellers

Basicall it is al algorithm on the flying computer that makes you quadcopter fly to a more or less safe landing even after loosing one engine or even loosing one propeller.

Not sure if this has been posted here before since this is from 2013 but I think that would be a great feature to have implemented basically because will surely reduce the drone damage in case of such event but also because it would surely alleviate the danger of the drone falling out of controll over people and property although we should not be flying over people concentrations, shouldn't we? ;)
While on the subject of algorithms... Does anyone know if it's possible to use the chip in a P3 Pro to control much larger electric motors? If there is a thread on this subject please excuse my ignorance and point me in the right direction. Thanks

The ESCs control the motors and are more than just a 'chip'. They are typically rated by the current they can deliver. Not likely that DJI spec-ed them for more than what they need.

So 'much larger motors'? No.

Reactions: NatchezPrinter
The ESCs control the motors and are more than just a 'chip'. They are typically rated by the current they can deliver. Not likely that DJI spec-ed them for more than what they need.

So 'much larger motors'? No.
Thanks. Must study ESCs a bit. Appreciate the info.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20