Albuquerque, NM, phantom pilots.

I haven't been flying much due to time constrains.
However, since they closed my section of Idalia, I've been making almost daily flights just to check on the progress and to see if there is a way to drive thru arroyo, bypassing the closed road.

Don't mind the crappy, quickly slapped together video for a buddy of mine:

I live here in the Duke City. I just got my P3S about a week and a half ago. I have done close to 30 flights with it already and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I fly over here on the NW side. It would be great to meet up with a few other Phantom flyers.
Have only flown mine twice, and that was only 10' in the air in my backyard. Between windy days and a trip to San Antonio, I haven't had a chance to fly it more. I am obviously still in the half life mode with the batteries. I would love to meetup and fly with another local. I am in RR so we couldn't be that far apart.

I haven't been flying much due to time constrains.
However, since they closed my section of Idalia, I've been making almost daily flights just to check on the progress and to see if there is a way to drive thru arroyo, bypassing the closed road.

Don't mind the crappy, quickly slapped together video for a buddy of mine:

looks like they are detouring but mostly single lane..

Have only flown mine twice, and that was only 10' in the air in my backyard. Between windy days and a trip to San Antonio, I haven't had a chance to fly it more. I am obviously still in the half life mode with the batteries. I would love to meetup and fly with another local. I am in RR so we couldn't be that far apart.

it took me a while to get a comfort level with the wind, last year i flew 7 times in March, This year i flew 45 times!

20160419-DJI_0682 (3)-HDR.jpg
Nice Shot. There have been some amazing sunsets lately I got out the door a little later than you did it looks like ;) I got a shot a bit later focusing on the volcanos

was this taken with P3? i dont think ive ever gotten prop marks in my shots with the P4 unless the camera was pointed nearly all the way up, or sport mode.

Yes,
With my P3P,
I just received if back from DJI for a horizon tilt issue and was test flying it.
As for the props,
I had the camera angled up slightly to get more sky, I got props too !!

View attachment 51242 Nice Shot. There have been some amazing sunsets lately I got out the door a little later than you did it looks like ;) I got a shot a bit later focusing on the volcanos
like your shot....if you could have, would you have put on a narrower lens so that the volcanoes could be more dominant?

I have been working on putting a webcam on my weather station site which would aim at the Sandia Mtn. I had to calculate how much of the mountain I wanted to show and then what lens would be needed to get the right angle. Calculated I am 6 miles from the peak as the crow flies.

like your shot....if you could have, would you have put on a narrower lens so that the volcanoes could be more dominant?

I have been working on putting a webcam on my weather station site which would aim at the Sandia Mtn. I had to calculate how much of the mountain I wanted to show and then what lens would be needed to get the right angle. Calculated I am 6 miles from the peak as the crow flies.

Thanks, ill tell you i originally got my first phantom just to fly around, the camera was just a bonus, now its the complete opposite, i don't do much fun flying, mostly video and stills!

Thanks, ill tell you i originally got my first phantom just to fly around, the camera was just a bonus, now its the complete opposite, i don't do much fun flying, mostly video and stills!

ive been eyeballing a inspire with the MFT camera. would be nice to be able to swap lenses.

we must be in sync on our flying days, hehe i went out sunday right before the rain started, i got a pretty cool panorama, but the file is too large to upload , i have a slightly scaled down version on skypixel.

2b32e54c-3625-4267-8684-022871ee9016.jpg@!1200

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav