Airlines W/Phantom 4

Reaction score
I am reading conflicting info on some of the Airlines sites...

Ive got a Pelican case with a Phantom 4 and (3) batteries... Can it be checked? Can it be carried on?

Delta airlines in particular...

I am reading conflicting info on some of the Airlines sites...
All airlines have very similar policies based on the FAA policy
Pack Safe – Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, spare (uninstalled)
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
Ive got a Pelican case with a Phantom 4 and (3) batteries... Can it be checked? Can it be carried on?
You cannot put your batteries in checked luggage.
Delta airlines in particular...
Here's what Delta say: Batteries

Reactions: captainmilehigh
All airlines have very similar policies based on the FAA policy
Pack Safe – Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, spare (uninstalled)
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

You cannot put your batteries in checked luggage.

Here's what Delta say: Batteries
If I read the instructions correctly, you can check the drone with a battery installed in it, while spare
batteries must be carried on. Is that a correct interpretation? ( I do not check my drone!)
Thanks

If I read the instructions correctly, you can check the drone with a battery installed in it, while spare
batteries must be carried on. Is that a correct interpretation? ( I do not check my drone!)
That's the way it reads.
Since the batteries are so easily removed and because there's no problem taking them in carry-on, that's what I'd do too.

I use a Drone Crates backpack for my p4p+ withe all the batteries in their own compartment with no problems.

I just recently came back from a flight from Tahoe on jetBlue and flew in with United. Both times I checked my P4 which was in a hard case locked up with a tsa approved lock and kept my batteries with me on my carry on. I had no issues at all flying this way. I recommend putting your battery in a lipo bag..I bought these https://www.amazon.com/TELESIN-Resistant-Battery-Phantom-Charging/dp/B01M0IQICM

Also drain your batteries to about 1 bar. It's annoying having to charge them back up but you'll save from having to hassle with tsa just incase.

This is my first post so I hope this was helpful!

I recommend putting your battery in a lipo bag..I bought these ....
Also drain your batteries to about 1 bar. It's annoying having to charge them back up but you'll save from having to hassle with tsa just in case.
No airline asks you to use Lipo bags or discharge batteries.
The FAA don't ask you to either and no-one has ever reported airport security staff checking or asking for these.
It's a myth that continues to spread on forums.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
That I am aware of but all the reading I've done recommended to do so...guess it doesn't matter then

Flown with my P4 several times. Drone in a hard case and checked (inside a bigger suitcase just because it fit and it saved baggage costs) and all three batteries in protective sheaths in my carry on. No issues.

I flew to Jamaica on American and did everything right. I used my backpack as carry on, 3 Batteries in Lipo bags, Tape over connections, Everything so nice and neat in my Manfroto bag. The airline did not even look at anything. I was almost dissapointed. When they scanned my bag the lady didn't even look up. What can I say other than don't worry.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY for checking your drone. Have you seen how those $12 an hour employees handle your luggage. I've flown with my P4 on almost all major airline in the last couple years and have had zero problems when carrying it on the plane. I don't let my drone outta my sight when flying, you cant trust anyone these days

With a good hard case and well foamed to protect it it shouldn't be a problem. My case is too big for carry on as it has extra slots for spare batteries etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20