Aftermarket battery

Reaction score
Hi need some help on batteries? I recently bought a p2 it came with 2 batteries but I think they need replacing I'm getting about 10 - 15 minutes flight time ? Even though they show ok readings on dji assistant! I'm finding it impossible the get genuine dji p2 batteries anywhere? I've read some different things about buying aftermarket ones that they can damage the drone and if your firmware is later than 3.12 ( mine is 3.14 ) that they will brick ? ( what ever that means) any advice anyone who has used them ? HELP

Hi need some help on batteries? I recently bought a p2 it came with 2 batteries but I think they need replacing I'm getting about 10 - 15 minutes flight time ? Even though they show ok readings on dji assistant! I'm finding it impossible the get genuine dji p2 batteries anywhere? I've read some different things about buying aftermarket ones that they can damage the drone and if your firmware is later than 3.12 ( mine is 3.14 ) that they will brick ? ( what ever that means) any advice anyone who has used them ? HELP

Before buying replacements charge up the batteries you then one by one check the current levels of using the P2s software as in the following photos.

Before charging
Barttery #2 before charging.jpg

After charging
Barttery #2 after charging.jpg

Now look at the three capacity levels but the current capacity is the most in important. In this example, the current capacity is 3012mAh and could sustain flight up to maybe 6 minutes.

Now if you want to buy aftermarket batteries replacements go to eBay and type in the following.
phantom 2 vision 11.1v 5200mAh batteries DJI no longer makes OEM

Even a new battery on a unloaded P2 will only be about 18 minutes and a fully loaded P2 13 - 15 minutes of flight time.

Reactions: sarniac
Hi thanks for your knowledge so what would it be to sustain flight for e.g. 13-15 mins fully loaded?

Well to starters a screenshot of your fully charged battery like what I posted it about would be of help. Listing all the equipment you have onboard would also help.

Batteries will not brick because of the software you using. When I say 13-15 minutes on a fully loaded P2 on a new battery whether or not it's an OEM or aftermarket I am landing with around 8% battery life left. Most pilots bring their P2 back to the home point when the first warning goes off at 30%. I use FPV and when the battery reading reaches 10.8v the P2 better be hovering over the home point.

Here's a video I took at a construction site with the same battery in post #2 I was not paying attention to the monitor and only in the air for about 3 minutes and ascending to 31meters (101').

I do have aftermarket batteries as well.

Well to starters a screenshot of your fully charged battery like what I posted it about would be of help. Listing all the equipment you have onboard would also help.

Batteries will not brick because of the software you using. When I say 13-15 minutes on a fully loaded P2 on a new battery whether or not it's an OEM or aftermarket I am landing with around 8% battery life left. Most pilots bring their P2 back to the home point when the first warning goes off at 30%. I use FPV and when the battery reading reaches 10.8v the P2 better be hovering over the home point.

Here's a video I took at a construction site with the same battery in post #2 I was not paying attention to the monitor and only in the air for about 3 minutes and ascending to 31meters (101').

I do have aftermarket batteries as well.
Hi thanks for your info I run a similar setup to yourself FPV iosd mini avl58 transmitter and a gopro 3+ this is the current values of my upgraded aftermarket battery cheers
20190317_200850.jpg

Hi thanks for your info I run a similar setup to yourself FPV iosd mini avl58 transmitter and a gopro 3+ this is the current values of my upgraded aftermarket battery cheers View attachment 109684

I also have two of those 6200mAh battery.
6000mAh Battery #8.jpg
6000mAh Battery #9.jpg

When I first started flying the P2 I used the AVL58 but switch to immersion 600w TX because the AVL58 uses a cooling fan which in turn uses power to run that fan.

The circuit board in these aftermarket batteries are not perfect as the voltages per cell varies you can see. Then there's the serial # on all 3 are the same.

I noticed that you have the low battery level go home box checked. Well, that function works the same as failsafe does in position 3 on S1. It's not a good idea if the P2 is under something when the go home function is triggered by a low battery level. That is why I never checked that box. If you have never triggered the failsafe you should just to see how it works then you'll understand how the low battery level works. Exactly the same.

I also have two of those 6200mAh battery.
View attachment 109689View attachment 109690

When I first started flying the P2 I used the AVL58 but switch to immersion 600w TX because the AVL58 uses a cooling fan which in turn uses power to run that fan.

The circuit board in these aftermarket batteries are not perfect as the voltages per cell varies you can see. Then there's the serial # on all 3 are the same.

I noticed that you have the low battery level go home box checked. Well, that function works the same as failsafe does in position 3 on S1. It's not a good idea if the P2 is under something when the go home function is triggered by a low battery level. That is why I never checked that box. If you have never triggered the failsafe you should just to see how it works then you'll understand how the low battery level works. Exactly the same.
Hi thanks for your reply I'll look into the immersion 600w tx are they straight forward to change? And I'll mess about with the failsafe mode on the s1 many thanks John

Hi thanks for your reply I'll look into the immersion 600w tx are they straight forward to change? And I'll mess about with the failsafe mode on the s1 many thanks John

John that depends on how you have your system connected that is if you are a plug an play cable assembly or a DJI hub to connect TX, gimbal, and mini iOSD. Instead of telling me take a photo and post it.

This is connected using a plug an play cable and as you see only the gimbal and TX are on the outside of the P2. I never used the DJI hub connector
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0839.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo of a P2 with the DJI Hub installed:
pstam-phantom2-fpv-hub-install.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member