Advantages, applications and deliverables of drone surveying

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm putting together a presentation for potential clients and am itemizing the advantages, deliverables and applications of drone surveying. This is what I have so far, please feel free to add to it.

Advantages:
More complete data set, faster and safer data acquisition, can combine oblique and terrestrial imagery with nadir images, can map true locations of tree canopies

Deliverables:
Ortho imagery, 3d point cloud, 3d model, gcp and check shot residuals, dtm and dsm, contours, autocad site plan

Applications:
Topographic surveys, as-builts, property line encroachment, surface creating (bare earth or near bare earth)

Before you do anything, check with your state laws. Here in Ohio, many of the things you mention can only be provided by a licensed surveyor. Even using terms like surveying reguired said license.
Then, make sure that you can actually deliver the products that you advertise. For instance, bare earth maps are really difficult. Do you have the resources/expertise to do them.

I am a licensed land surveyor. Nothing I mentioned requires a licensed land surveyor in BC (where I'm from) however.
Everything I have described I have already produced.

Then you've probably got a good handle on what your customers want/need. Good luck. Curious, what software do you use to create DEMs and contours?

I'd be very interested to know about how OP's list above, and the question of being an officially certified surveyor in the UK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures