Adobe Premiere CC Export Presets for 4K 30fps & 24fps

Reaction score
Here's an export of the presets that I'm using for exporting 4K 30fps and 24fps footage from my Phantom 3 Pro via Adove Premiere CC
I'm very much a rookie at Premiere as I'm switching over from FCP X but I found a few settings online via YouTube tutorials and I thought I'd share what I'm using to export 4K video for uploading to YouTube and Vimeo.

Attachments

• Premiere Export 4K Presets.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 2,141
Where do you import the files. When I go to media encoder to import the presents the files are not compatible. I do not see an import option in Premiere CC

Open Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014.
Right click on User Presets & Groups.
Choose Import Presets...
Find the .epr file and import it.

I created them in this app and exported them from this app. I just tested it out and it imported a 2nd copy of it for me and named it _1 at the end.

What sequence presets are you using? I'm using CS6 and have been using the Red Cam sequence settings. Anything wrong with that?

Last edited:
Hi all, and many thanks for sharing the presets loganboyd! Very helpful.

I'm also pretty new to Premiere CC having not done any video work for a long while. This has now been reignited with my new toy (P3P)

I just wondered if you could explain a little more about your workflow for me..

I tend to shoot in 4k 24fps. LAB colour with the sharpness etc turned down.

Am I right in thinking this would be the correct way to work with the video off the card.

Import and edit in Premiere CC > Apply sharpness and colour grading within Premiere CC > save the sequence then encode and render out with your preset within Media Encoder?

I realise that with shooting 4K I have the ability to crop or zoom but I do not see how this can be done within Premiere CC? Do I need to change the stage size or something? I thought that when starting a new project it would prompt for the size but it doesn't and I can't see where this would be done.

Any thoughts or help would be great.

Many thanks,

Devs.

Your best way to learn Premiere is watch a lot of youtube tutorials.
There is often a variety of ways to achieve much the same thing, including setting up your project templates at the start. I'd be surprised if you need any sharpen unless recording in low light.

You can do most of what you need in fast colour corrector or possibly Lumetri in CC.

Hi 4wd and thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty good with Premiere, its just the new cc version and dealing with 4k footage from the P3P that I'm in need of help with.

I curious as to what peoples work flow is...?

I read online to get the most cinematic effects you would -2 the sharpness in app and really in post. Is this not the case?

Do you feed straight into Premier then export out to 1080 via Media Encoder?

Media Encoder is new to me so I'm trying to understand the steps people take.

Cheers.

Open Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014.
Right click on User Presets & Groups.
Choose Import Presets...
Find the .epr file and import it.

I created them in this app and exported them from this app. I just tested it out and it imported a 2nd copy of it for me and named it _1 at the end.

Hi. I'm completely new to Adobe Media Encoder.
I have done what you suggested but what is the next step?
Do i need to process the video in Adobe Media Encoder or in Adobe Premiere?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic