About To Attempt My First Mission...

Reaction score
I've downloaded Litchi... (had to edit to include that)

I've read as much as I could find; I've watched countless videos, I've played with the app on both my Mac and Ipad and think I'm ready to give my first mission a go today.

I have some questions that I didn't think really got answered in everything I've read. I'm going to apologize now as I "think" I have the answer to some of my questions, but since I'm a complete noob to this, I'm also looking for re-assurance.

1) DJI Go app should be turned off, not running in background?
2) What happens after the P4 reaches/finishes the last waypoint? Does it just stay and hover? At that point do I either switch modes and manually land it and/or use RTH?
3) During the mission, can I move the sticks to take temporary control without switching flight modes for subtle adjustments? For example I notice a line of trees which I thought was 40ft is actually 60ft and it doesn't appear my P4 will clear it, can I adjust the altitude on the fly?
4) Altitude - Lets say I have Waypoint 3 set for 50ft and Waypoint 4 set to 100ft. Does the P4 fly at 50ft till it reaches Waypoint 4 then increase altitude till hit reaches 100ft or does it gradually gain altitude till it reaches 100ft at Waypoint 4?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
2) What happens after the P4 reaches/finishes the last way point? Does it just stay and hover? At that point do I either switch modes and manually land it and/or use RTH?
3) During the mission, can I move the sticks to take temporary control without switching flight modes for subtle adjustments? For example I notice a line of trees which I thought was 40ft is actually 60ft and it doesn't appear my P4 will clear it, can I adjust the altitude on the fly?
4) Altitude - Lets say I have Way point 3 set for 50ft and Way point 4 set to 100ft. Does the P4 fly at 50ft till it reaches Way point 4 then increase altitude till hit reaches 100ft or does it gradually gain altitude till it reaches 100ft at Way point 4?

@QuadBart

1) definitely make sure DJI go is NOT running in the background
2)This depends on what you have set as your finish action. the options I have are "none", "Go Home","Land" , "Back to first way point" , "reverse".
3)I don't know if you can adjust during the mission , what you can do if you notice this happening is switch the mode switch and this will stop the mission immediately , make the adjustment and restart the mission. Personally, I use google early to help with planning my missions. I plot it in google earth and use the" relative to ground ". also if you have the 3d buildings turn on and all the options checked, you can check the approximate height of the trees and I just do 10 feet above that
4)So this is somewhat tricky, first late me state that it does GRADUALLY increase and will be at 100 feet by the time it get to way point 4 assuming that the way points are far enough away to allow the climb. the tricky part comes in when you are raising altitudes over objects. I wount make sure that you set a median point if needed to ensure you clear obstacles same thing with descent, but remember descent speed is 3 m/s

Reactions: QuadBart
Thank you for your help!

@QuadBart

1) definitely make sure DJI go is NOT running in the background
2)This depends on what you have set as your finish action. the options I have are "none", "Go Home","Land" , "Back to first way point" , "reverse".
3)I don't know if you can adjust during the mission , what you can do if you notice this happening is switch the mode switch and this will stop the mission immediately , make the adjustment and restart the mission. Personally, I use google early to help with planning my missions. I plot it in google earth and use the" relative to ground ". also if you have the 3d buildings turn on and all the options checked, you can check the approximate height of the trees and I just do 10 feet above that
4)So this is somewhat tricky, first late me state that it does GRADUALLY increase and will be at 100 feet by the time it get to way point 4 assuming that the way points are far enough away to allow the climb. the tricky part comes in when you are raising altitudes over objects. I wount make sure that you set a median point if needed to ensure you clear obstacles same thing with descent, but remember descent speed is 3 m/s

I've downloaded Litchi... (had to edit to include that)

I've read as much as I could find; I've watched countless videos, I've played with the app on both my Mac and Ipad and think I'm ready to give my first mission a go today.

I have some questions that I didn't think really got answered in everything I've read. I'm going to apologize now as I "think" I have the answer to some of my questions, but since I'm a complete noob to this, I'm also looking for re-assurance.

2) What happens after the P4 reaches/finishes the last waypoint? Does it just stay and hover? At that point do I either switch modes and manually land it and/or use RTH?
4) Altitude - Lets say I have Waypoint 3 set for 50ft and Waypoint 4 set to 100ft. Does the P4 fly at 50ft till it reaches Waypoint 4 then increase altitude till hit reaches 100ft or does it gradually gain altitude till it reaches 100ft at Waypoint 4?

Thanks for any help!

You propably have all the answers you need by now, but just to adress question number 3 as this is kinda important. If you miscalculate your altitude and suddenly there is tree infront of you, Hit the Pause button on your controller!
This is the fastest way to stop the aircraft. After that, you switch from P to Atti/sports mode and back. This will cancel the mission and you will regain controll of the aircraft. That beeing said, the Obstacle advoidance on the P4 will work in Litchi, assuming you are in P mode and flying by day. Then again, better safe then sorry :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic