Abandoned Airstrip - first video

Nice work, good editing on your video also!

This is an old airfield that 'Air America' used back in the day. I drove by this area last week but decided not to go in at the last minute. I was looking at the map and I could fly in via Intell but looks like you just drove up and nobody was there.

Seems like an interesting place. What condition is the runway in? I wonder if I could get my sports car down that road at over 120 mph before I run out of road.

I'll be likely flying at FireBird this Saturday on the west track depending on how nice the weather is then I'll be exploring the San Tan Mountains since that is Pinal County and they don't have a full on drone ban like Maricopa County does except their 6 RC parks.

Nice work, good editing on your video also!

This is an old airfield that 'Air America' used back in the day. I drove by this area last week but decided not to go in at the last minute. I was looking at the map and I could fly in via Intell but looks like you just drove up and nobody was there.

Seems like an interesting place. What condition is the runway in? I wonder if I could get my sports car down that road at over 120 mph before I run out of road.

I'll be likely flying at FireBird this Saturday on the west track depending on how nice the weather is then I'll be exploring the San Tan Mountains since that is Pinal County and they don't have a full on drone ban like Maricopa County does except their 6 RC parks.

My first visit I tried to fly in from Intel. You have huge power lines and initially I couldn't take off. I walked part way into the field and flew in but could barely reach. Enough to get there but not to really explore.

Later I ended up just driving on in. I haven't gone and inspected the main runway. The runway I drive in on is completely run down. Overgrown plants and broken up pavement. My buddy did tell me they used to drag down the main runway like 10 years ago, but he;s kinda one of those say things that are partly true but exaggerated so IDK.

Def worth the visit and I have encountered other photographers on my various visits. I have been asked to leave by some workers who looked like surveyors. They were nice but to the point.

What? I haven't heard this. I've heard that you can't fly from Phoenix parks, but what about other cities like Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandlar? What about out in Tonto National Forest? Superstition Mountains (maybe not in Maricopa County)?

What? I haven't heard this. I've heard that you can't fly from Phoenix parks, but what about other cities like Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandlar? What about out in Tonto National Forest? Superstition Mountains (maybe not in Maricopa County)?

You know what I think you're right and I stand corrected. I just looked the Phoenix City website. It mentions only the Phoenix has the 6 parks. So I think you're right the rest of Maricopa County should be okay to fly in. Forgot how Maricopa has so many various cities inside of it. The only 2 places I can find anything on this are 6 parks in Phoenix, Mesa seems to hate all RC aircraft. Gilbert don't seem to care and Chandler has 1 park. I tend to only use parks to test my video setting and otherwise stay out of them and go for a drive and/or hiking to fly.

Parks and Recreation Radio-Controlled Aircraft in Phoenix Parks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers