A noob with a question

Reaction score
Hello, i just bought a phantom 3 last week because it is relatively cheap now. And after reading all the manuals and watching a lot of instruction videos i took it out for a flight. And it went great. Easy to fly and great footage (
)
But, during the second flight i let it do the auto take off and tried to make it go forward. But since i forgot about the orientation it crashed into a wall. I broke one propeller. The rest were fine it seemed. So today, a day after the incident i took it out again. It was in gps mode and had enough sat connection. Everything seemed fine. I put on all new propellers and took off with the auto take off function. And out of nowhere it flipped over, shot to the ground and as i sort of panicked i picked it up and turned it off. I looked and cleaned the whole bird and everything seems alright externally. I re-calibrated the compass and gimbal. But i am kind off scared to fly it again. Did the crash of yesterday make it do the flip. I am a complete noob with this and after feeling so confident after the first flight i now feel scared to let it go airborne. Does anybody know what it could be. Or does anybody know how i can check flight records.
I hope anybody can help me. Because i would love to shoot great footage again.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for the link to that thread. Feel really bummed out about it. Saved up for this thing and then this happens. But yeah. In the dji GO app it said imu is normal so i guess its okay. But im gonna give it some rest before i fly it again

Always do IMU and gimbal calibration after hard landing/crash.

Never put NON DJI props on it. Only use non counterfeit OEM DJI props.

I had issues and learned the hard way how squirrely it can get with props off Amazon that weren't DJI.

Any flight records you could post would likely help determine a cause. Member Msinger has a process.
Post flight log https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post a link back here.

Never put NON DJI props on it. Only use non counterfeit OEM DJI props.
I did use original dji props. I got 2 sets so i used the other set. I'm gonna export the flight log now and sent it to dji. Thank you for your help.

EDIT: here is the log: Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl