500m limit cracked yet? Not buying P3 before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
blank stare.png
What if I unsubscribe to this thread
Did on the first page and doesn't help !
Jeez not this conversation again!
Yep !
New troll strategy
Nope..been seeing this for a year now !
Been awhile since I seen one go this long though ;)

an aircraft turbine spins at tens of thousands rpm.. The small hardened metal phantom motors and Lopo battery will do 10 times the damage that a 20 pound goose will do. (unless the goose is carrying change) As soon as the hardened metal bits get to the turbine core (2nd stage compressor) it's going to real havoc. The bones and flesh of the goose is much softer than the metal turbine blades which will cut through the goose no problem without damaging the blades of the turbine. The hard metal bits will chip and crack the turbine blades which have to be perfectly balanced. Once out of balance, the engine either needs to be **** down because of too much vibration or it will vibrate itself to destruction.

All of you that are comparing a soft tissue animal with a man made object containing Hardened Metal "FOD" have absolutely not a single clue about anything aviation related and should probably not comment anymore.

Last edited:
an aircraft turbine spins at tens of thousands rpm.. The small hardened metal phantom motors and Lopo battery will do 10 times the damage that a 20 pound goose will do. (unless the goose is carrying change) As soon as the hardened metal bits get to the turbine core (2nd stage compressor) it's going to real havoc. The bones and flesh of the goose is much softer than the metal turbine blades which will cut through the goose no problem without damaging the blades of the turbine. The hard metal bits will chip and crack the turbine blades which have to be perfectly balanced. Once out of balance, the engine either needs to be **** down because of too much vibration or it will vibrate itself to destruction.

All of you that are comparing a soft tissue animal with a man made object containing Hardened Metal "FOD" have absolutely not a single clue about anything aviation related and should probably not comment anymore.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

tens of thousands of rpms????
Maybe you ought not comment anymore??

Last edited:

Seems the best solution is to not let your P3 get anywhere near manned aircraft. People really need to learn this concept.

Wow is this still going? If someone has a problem go buy something else. Dji aren't telling you or controlling what you can do, they are controlling what their products can do, just like they have no fly zones, limit descent speed to combat VRS so their products don't fall out of the sky because of it, I think it's commendable. They are trying to implement safety procedures in their products, think about that "safety".....
Now again if you don't like it buy or build a different product.
I'm already awaiting the next time this thread will be restarted.....

What's up there,

Has anyone been able to crack the 500m altitude limit yet? I don't mean any weird RTH gimmick, but a real solution via software or some kind of firmware hack. I have the P2V+ and I'm not trading it away until it's confirmed I can fly as high as I want.

I'm also willing to pay good money for a solution, be it an Android app or whatever else.

Completely idiotic these kinds of restrictions.

The issue here is the right TOOL for the job.
A RPV like the Phantoms is definitely
the wrong TOOL for going over 400ft AGL (in NZ anyway) you need a conventional aircraft like a Cessna or something,
so dont be a CHEAPSKATE , learn to fly conventional aircraft.

Reactions: Buzz313th
All the videos are pointless. Sand, bird.. No problem. Metal ingestion causes a disabled engine.

Capt sulley's engines ate a flock of birds, not A bird. And it was both engines....

Yea and he landed in the water too.

You took my post the wrong way.

I'm in agreement that "Stuff" damages engines.
ok fair enough...sorry for that :)

Normally a plane would be able to make it to an airport, but in Sully's situation the strike took place during takeoff. Passenger planes have great glide characteristics.

Last edited:
DJI is reading these posts thinking "****, these guys want to fly with the planes! I think we need to lower the limit even more!"

Which is why I recommend we avoid giving DJI reasons to be nervous. Some people need the altitude for legitimate reasons. Self-regulate.

Reactions: dirkclod
look there barrel ***, there was nothing trollish about my original post. and since I got the answer that Litchi can override the 500m limit, I have ordered a P3P. Case closed for me.

Look Jerky, there's no need for name calling. Capiche?

Your contribution to this thread is obtuse, you seem to fixate on trolls.

Anything that looks trollish will be dealt with swiftly. Both of you are on the cusp.

Reactions: dirkclod
Your contribution to this thread is obtuse, you seem to fixate on trolls.
A contribution can't be obtuse, dipshit, a contributor can be. Learn the language, troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers