4th July Fireworks.... O boy...

Ari

Reaction score
So... July 4th is less than and month away... How many people do you think are going to show up to the Macy's 4th of July firework show with this toy?

How far way would you consider to be a safe flying distance?

Reactions: IflyinWY
I'll be in Ucross, Wyoming (population 25, except on the 4th of July when 5 or 6,000 folks show up for the socializing and fireworks) if there is another crazy flying machine it's gonna surprise the heck out of me.
So, the important points must be altitude and the target zone. Yes, no, maybe? I'm going to talk to the Pyromaniacs who are going to put on the show and find out where I should be.
Sure would be cool to have 2 or more at the same location, for stereo or surround video.

Good idea for a thread Ari. :D

Judging by the videos last year I'd say there will be a few more idiots this year. It makes for cool footage but it's a bit of a ******* idea. Be prepared to lose your phantom and hit spectators if it falls, your call.

Judging by the videos last year I'd say there will be a few more idiots this year. It makes for cool footage but it's a bit of a ******* idea. Be prepared to lose your phantom and hit spectators if it falls, your call.

Where I would fly, around the explosions, the only folks are firemen waiting for embers to fall. We have lots of room and the folks are over here... the fireworks are over there. :D

You city folks are just plain bonkers right from the git go, for living right on top of and next to one another. :p
Not you Mal, but New Yorkers... NUTSO. :eek:

EDIT:
I hope LuvMyTJ doesn't see this... :oops:

Last edited:
One of the best videos last year was one of a drone flying through fireworks but with more and more new pilots you just know one is gonna get smashed out if the sky this year. If the display is done properly there should be a safe zone underneath but I'm more worried about a poor phantom being blasted :)

If you can be so lucky, to catch an exploding firework, just at the right moment...

image.jpg

You would get something like this...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Hovtech and Ari
One of the best videos last year was one of a drone flying through fireworks but with more and more new pilots you just know one is gonna get smashed out if the sky this year. If the display is done properly there should be a safe zone underneath but I'm more worried about a poor phantom being blasted :)

I have to agree, I just hope the camera keeps rolling and it's also captured from the ground.
I know I would be aiming if I were shooting off the fireworks... :D

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Agree 100% about the safety issue Mal but some of these ******* ideas makes some cool *** video's ;)

Agree 100% about the safety issue Mal but some of these ******* ideas makes some cool *** video's ;)

DIRK... OMG Don't encourage them.
OMG300.jpg

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I can't wait to see all the Phantom videos released.

I'm contemplating bringing either my P2 or P3 to Grand Haven Beach for their firework show. I'd be real surprised to see anyone else with a quadcopter, but my concern is that I don't know how to shoot in the dark very well. My pictures always turn out crappy. Guess I could just video the entire thing.

I'll have my P3 and vision plus in the air all night.

Perfect question to include in an awesome thread.

Come on "Night Flyers" share what you know.

It all depends on your goal. If you want pictures, then the P3 should do well. I plan to try long exposure shots from a distance (not within the fireworks). Got tips from you tube. Just do s search for long exposure fireworks or light trails. Since the P3 is so stable, I will be collecting light trails and fireworks shots while vacationing end of June into July!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1433667516.722440.jpg

Just fly into them. That's what gps is for. I'm in China. Fun to fly during. But here a lot of dirty pyro so don't forget about the smoke. Came down through it alright though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic