4K video settings.

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm just wondering what setting you use to record 4K video. I filmed a little today but the quality just doesn't quite seem to be there.
I filmed in Dlog with saturation, sharpens and contrast set at -2. I used the appropriate nd filter in manual mode at ISO 100 and 60fps.

Is there something else I should do? Or could this mainly be that I'm new to the colour grading/correction thing and I'm not quite getting it right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think that your settings are right, but don't do any pre-processing. you can play around with that later.

Use the histogram to make sure your're not clipping whites (cloud detail for example), or crushing blacks, unless of course you want to. Normally do this by adding filters or adjusting the frame rate to keep the shutter slow enough to give some motion blur (1/60 ish at 30 fps, 1/120 at 60fps and so on).

Try the thing out on the ground first to get it working as you want!

Most important of all, know exactly what you want to get when you fly and review your shots critically (at the time) - repeat them until you are satisfied. Tedious but essential for top quality results, I think.

Reactions: Ron Davis
This question I will answer in Spanish because i think i get bad inglish .. but i will try to do it.....The problem with the video quality was presented to me in my phanton 4, the image deteriorated, he was paralyzed and horizontal stripes appeared to be degraded color screen team, I could solve it by changing the connection cable between the remote control and the device (phone) the reason is that the cable was not able to transmit to the speed in which travels so longer-information cable signal suffer greater attenuation, it could also be resolved by lowering the resolution of video capture, no place in 4K, place it in a resolution that is compatible with the computer where the video viewing.
Me be the cable is to large
I choose a shorter cable and i get best video,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20