[3D Models] How important are obliques?

Reaction score
Anyone capturing building 3D models?

Do you capture oblique photos to get better results? If so what high and low oblique angles do you use?

We have been running some of our experiments on an old building and the difference between using obliques vs not using obliques is night and day!

Anyone capturing building 3D models?

Do you capture oblique photos to get better results? If so what high and low oblique angles do you use?

We have been running some of our experiments on an old building and the difference between using obliques vs not using obliques is night and day!

I agree with you! When I create 3D models of buildings and structures as a hobby, I find that using oblique angles is very important. Without them, my models end up missing important details and the photos don't look as good.

Reactions: Hammer Missions
15° above (forward of) nadir is what we always use. This translates to 75° below horizon. Different software uses different orientation for 0°. For some, 0° is camera facing strait down (nadir) and for others 0° is camera facing straight ahead.

D

Reactions: Hammer Missions
Would it be fair to say that there is a correlation between the height of the buildings being captured and the level of oblique angle used?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl