32 channel hack, do i need it?

Insurance doesnt prevent accidents. Im not against it (and in fact, it is obligated around here) but does having a car insurance somehow make it ok to drag race around schools ? Do ask your insurance company what premium they would charge to cover your drone if you want to fly at >2000ft above cities with no training

I'm not sure when the last time I drag raced around a school. I'll put a paycheck saying it's been never.
For you to be insured you'd need paper work proving registration with the FAA, some safety courses and obviously if you cause damage outside of the policy then it's on you. If you're "busted" don't drop the soap unless that's your thing.....

Doesn't prevent accidents but it does promote accountability. At least people are covered. It's the best the auto industry could come up with.

We may share the same roads, but we also have to conform to the same rules. We both passed a driver licence, we both tend to stick to speed limits, stop at red lights and keep to the right. You flying your drone BVR at 2000ft is not like being a crappy driver, its like being a 15 year old drunk blind folded ghost driver on the high way.

Yes there are rules. However both you and I break those rules from time to time.

A guy does 85 in a 65. A guy flies at 900ft vs 400ft. It's all the same risk.

And 2k feet is rookie. Is all about that 5280 lifestyle

Yes there are rules. However both you and I break those rules from time to time.

And 2k feet is rookie. Is all about that 5280 lifestyle
I want to ask how the hell you got that high but I'm scared to go more than 1600ft.

No its not. Not much can happen at 85 that cant happen at 65 mph. A whole lot of really bad things can happen if you fly 1000's of feet high, BVR in the same airspace as full scale aircraft. If you are going to keep up with silly car analogies, its more like driving 20 ft too far to the left. On to the opposing lane. In the fog.

What you dont seem to understand is that you have no control over what happens when you fly there. You're just gambling that no plane will crash in to you, because you'll never see or hear it coming, and it certainly wont see you. driving 85 mph you can still do responsibly and have control over the outcome. It may be illegal there, it may be more dangerous, but you're not just tossing a coin to see if someone else will live or die.

And finally; if you do have a car crash because you where speeding, its not likely going to result in a legal ban on cars or even mandatory speed limitations. If you crash your phantom in to say a hospital helicopter, you'll have killed a few innocent people and the hobby for pretty much everyone on the planet.

Last edited:
No its not. Not much can happen at 85 that cant happen at 65 mph. A whole lot of really bad things can happen if you fly 1000's of feet high, BVR in the same airspace as full scale aircraft. If you are going to keep up with silly car analogies, its more like driving 20 ft too far to the left. On to the opposing lane. In the fog.

What you dont seem to understand is that you have no control over what happens when you fly there. You're just gambling that no plane will crash in to you, because you'll never see or hear it coming, and it certainly wont see you. driving 85 mph you can still do responsibly and have control over the outcome. It may be illegal there, it may be more dangerous, but you're not just tossing a coin to see if someone else will live or die.

And finally; if you do have a car crash because you where speeding, its not likely going to result in a legal ban on cars or even mandatory speed limitations. If you crash your phantom in to say a hospital helicopter, you'll have killed a few innocent people and the hobby for pretty much everyone on the planet.

You brought up the silly car analogy if I read correctly.

4176148bbc1058f9fc6b73884b995c7c.jpg

You are an idiot.

After I read the first line in bold.. I stopped reading. You don't have enough capacity to understand what I was getting at.

Yes mods.. I know - slap on my wrist. Don't name call other members because it hurts their feelings, makes their cooters raw, yada yada yada.

You are an idiot.

As are all Germans then. You've probably never seen this sign:

no-speed-limit-sign.jpg

I have seen it plenty, so I know you can drive 160+ Kmh responsibly, and statistically even safer than 120 KmH on highways in neighboring countries. You can not responsibly fly a drone that has no transponder or any sense and avoid equipment, BVR in to the same airspace as manned planes. You simply cant because the moment you enter that airspace, you are not in control of the situation and just gambling with other people's lives. Its not a gradual increase in risk. 2000ft is exactly as moronic and virtually the same risk as 4000ft or 8000ft if its the same class of airspace. But 400ft generally puts you outside of that airspace. If you cant grasp the difference with gradually increasing speed, you shouldnt be flying anything anywhere.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anyone know if the auto mode takes advantage of the extra channels, or does it only use the factory default channels?

Of course it was nessesary :)

It's what we get tho. Soft America and people who get their feelings hurt on the Internet.

Everything I type is something I would say in person. In person nothing would come of it. Online tho... watch out! Tears may become 3D!

It's what we get tho. Soft America and people who get their feelings hurt on the Internet.

Everything I type is something I would say in person. In person nothing would come of it. Online tho... watch out! Tears may become 3D!

Two things here that need addressing: first is you need to be nice when your here. We don't tolerate belittling of other members. Secondly a moderator asked you to stop and you come back with a smart remark. How about a little respect for the member and the staff?

ban hammer.jpg

Vertigo thanks for the info on sites listing flights. one problem I have near where I live is a guy about a mile away has his own helicopter, which doesn't look very high when it flys over our neighbourhood. this worries me when im just doing the odd picture even though I have the 120m limit on.

Your neighbors helicopter is not likely to show up on either map (where are you located?) and you're right to worry. Helicopters are allowed to fly below 120m -and even if they werent, you know they would particularly near his own house where he takes off and lands. If you can, talk to him, and work something out so you're aware of each others flying. If you cant, stay well below your legal limit and/or fly somewhere else. "yeah I crashed in to your father's helicopter but I was in my right" is not a discussion you want to have.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl