30 day old P3A with stress cracks - DJI support advises return to Amazon?!

Reaction score
Two days ago I noticed stress cracking in 2 opposing arm's motor mounts. This morning with pictures at the ready I contacted DJI support via chat and was surprised to have them repeatedly advise me to return to Amazon for refund. They did acknowledge that this cracking issue is covered under warranty yet still advised me to return the entire bird rather than submit for repair. Has anyone else had this happen to them? It seems like that isn't what they should be recommending, then again it isn't my business and reseller relationship at stake. I've never returned anything through Amazon but noticed prior to calling DJI that today is my last day to process a return for my P3. Advice anyone?

I have 2.5 flight hours on the bird.

Thanks

Amazon is very good about returns in my experience. I would go that route if you still can. Depending on if it was a third party seller, you can opt for a refund or replacement. It will be faster than sending it to DJI for repair.

Reactions: Numone
Two days ago I noticed stress cracking in 2 opposing arm's motor mounts. This morning with pictures at the ready I contacted DJI support via chat and was surprised to have them repeatedly advise me to return to Amazon for refund. They did acknowledge that this cracking issue is covered under warranty yet still advised me to return the entire bird rather than submit for repair. Has anyone else had this happen to them? It seems like that isn't what they should be recommending, then again it isn't my business and reseller relationship at stake. I've never returned anything through Amazon but noticed prior to calling DJI that today is my last day to process a return for my P3. Advice anyone?

I have 2.5 flight hours on the bird.

Thanks

return it as they recommend...
note it as defective for reason

do it now and you will be far ahead of the repair game.

you can have a new one in 2 days that way...

good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: Numone
Stress cracks are a natural disease in the Phantom 3A - 3P line. Even if you send the bird to DJI for repair, you may see stress cracks in the near future.
I totally understand your dilemma, returning the aircraft for a replacement, but in this case it is not a situation that you are abusing the return policy in any way. In anyway, DJI instructed you to return the aircraft for a full refund or replacement.

Good luck,

It is the right track taken by DJI. If your within the 30 days return policy it would be much easier to send it back to Amazon then send it off to DJI for a repair.

I have even cross-shipped with Amazon on a few returns and had my new item before the one I was returning was picked up.

Unless you bought with Amazon Prime, 3rd party sellers may take return process longer and you would not be eligible direct DJI warranty per their policy. So do it while you can.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

My last Amazon return 3rd party seller took 1 month... But it might have been an exception..

Thanks for the input! I did process the return with Amazon based on the responses here.

Bought Prime, fulfilled by Amazon. Told them why I was returning it, including the fact that DJI support advised that course of action. Hopefully no one kicks it back, shipping it out tomorrow. Unfortunately all P3A and P3P are now more on Amazon than they were when I purchased. I may wait and see what kind of Black Friday deals are offered on Amazon. I think I'd rather have a P3P for image quality. Now if there were a P4 significantly discounted on BF I'll just do that. Going to be a long wait either way :(

I'd read about cracking but I was shocked to see cracks already appear on mine with 3 flight hours. I suppose if I stay P3 I'll look into reinforcement plates...

Unfortunately if you stick with the Phantom 3 line PA - PRO, it is just a matter of time before you see some cracks. If you want to stay away from that the alternative is a P4 or X-Star Premium.

Reactions: m0j0
Unfortunately if you stick with the Phantom 3 line PA - PRO, it is just a matter of time before you see some cracks. If you want to stay away from that the alternative is a P4 or X-Star Premium.

I'm not brand loyal but I would not drop any money on the X-star until they actually are compatible with Litchi or the equivalent. That takes this hobby to a new level.

Regarding cracks..

I can't speak for everyone but thus far two shells.... two cracks... I will preface my comment with my bird has 300 miles on it. So I actually fly it on distance missions all the time. I live in a rural area with a probably 9k people in 10k square miles.The majority of the pop living in one town. Anyway I bought a new shell and I'm reinforcing this one myself with Plast-aid. Once that's done I'm told cracks are over. Very light weight and bonds to the plastic the strength of steel.

Reactions: Badgenes
Can you please elaborate the reinforcing? My is kind of new and no cracks yet. So it might be an idea to reinforce before too late.

Thanks for the input! I did process the return with Amazon based on the responses here.

Bought Prime, fulfilled by Amazon. Told them why I was returning it, including the fact that DJI support advised that course of action. Hopefully no one kicks it back, shipping it out tomorrow. Unfortunately all P3A and P3P are now more on Amazon than they were when I purchased. I may wait and see what kind of Black Friday deals are offered on Amazon. I think I'd rather have a P3P for image quality. Now if there were a P4 significantly discounted on BF I'll just do that. Going to be a long wait either way :(

I'd read about cracking but I was shocked to see cracks already appear on mine with 3 flight hours. I suppose if I stay P3 I'll look into reinforcement plates...
I flew mine 3 times and had stress cracks. Order the generation 2 shell and do it yourself cause it will do it again. Also the phantom 4 also does it just not as much.

Plast-aid is the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.