2 GREEN Flexible 3D Printed Camera Lens Caps for the NEW DJI Phantom 3

Reaction score
Don't let your New DJI Phantom 3 lense get scratched. I designed and printed this lense cap as soon as I received my Phantom 3 pro. They are printed from Green Ninjaflex filament. It's very flexible as you can see from the photos. You will get 2 Green lens caps with each order. Now offering more colors. FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111670320855?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

G_1.jpg

Reactions: Cody L. Williams
i just bought a set :)

I know nothing about 3D printing and I know for a fact that I could not buy a printer for the 10 bucks that you're charging for the caps.

I do have a question thought; is 3D printing sort of like a CAD transfer like we used on CNC metal cutting machines?
Is the file type universal?
Is there a market for someone like you to develop the file with all the dimensions and if I had a 3D printer, I could buy/get a file from you and print things myself?
I ask because I have no knowledge of how to design 3D prints, but if there are websites that give/sell files that others created...well, I do know how to hit the print button, so I might be interested. :)

In short yes it's just like CAD. The file type is some what universal. It depends on what software you slice the .stl file in. It also depends on the file quality. I have had issues with some downloaded stl files. I prefere to just design my own in solid works or autocad. There are a few sites out there like that. The bigiest and most used site seems to be thingiverse.com. All the files are free to download. I started with the Da Vinci 1.0 3d printer. Great printer for $500. I see a few on eBay now for under $400. I have written up how to firmware and hardware hack it. You can find my write up on thingiverse.com as well. Once you do that it's an Awesome printer! If you have any questions on the Da Vinci or 3d printing I'll be glad to answer.
Thanks,
Nathan
Milehighdesign

There's a number of sites out there that will print whatever (within limits - legal, etc) if you upload the cad file to them. Shame no one wants to share the cad file for the lens cap, since obviously then you could put your own color / design / etc on it :)

Hi, I'm using Polar Pros filters. They are larger than the stock lens.

Can you make me 36mm lens cap?

Thanks,
Mark.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic