12-Oct-2015 Cape May NJ over the SS Atlantus

Reaction score
Took my first flight over salt water off Diamond Beach in Cape May New Jersey. The weather was bright and sunny with almost no breeze. The shipwreck SS Atlantus ran aground in 1926 and has collapsed into the ocean ever since. I always wanted to see the other side of the ships hull that can't be seen from shore. I was very nervous but kept focusing on the target and not the water. In mid-flight, I switched from video to take a still and my finger was shaking so much I had a hard time switching back. Very pleased with the flight.

DJI_0050 (Medium).JPG

Reactions: mrtibbs
Nice!...I was just talking to the wife about heading out there next weekend to get the bunker and this shot also

Did the bunker a couple of days before but a park Ranger asked me to bring it down. Said it upsets the birds. Had enough time to get the video I wanted. His quad made more noise as he drove away than my P3A.

Also the parking lot across from the WWII Observation Tower is a great spot to launch from and investigate the tower and surrounding area.

Nice that's for the tip ..I'll be going this weekend ....I also wanted to snag a POI of the lighthouse ...wonder how fast I can get in and out..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.