10-29-17 Huron Mountain View, West of Big Bay Michigan

Reaction score
We had 1/2 inch of snow fall and greet us in the morning (on the East side of Marquette, Michigan). I wanted to get some footage so picked a geocache that promised an awesome view. It hadn't been found it 4.37 years but that didn't matter. We found the cache in great shape and the view was as promised. I flew my drone for the first time since taking it apart to repair a crack and diagnose why the camera videos were dark. I was happy with its performance and the footage. Almost all the leaves were down, mainly from the wind and rain storm 5 days ago.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Where are the mountains? All I saw was those hills. lol
Yep, I Googled it, they call them mountains.
I think it is great your family goes with you on your adventures. I'm a nature nut. I would be looking at the rocks, plants and trying to find a wolverine. lol

I figured out the problem that I had with the dark videos. I was sending a lot of time in post trying to lighten my videos up. Turns out that DJI GO was resetting my EV to -2.7 I set it back to 0 and restarted the program and it was back at -2.7 so I reset it again and noted to check it on every startup. It seems to have stayed at 0 the second time tho. I did very little color and brightness corrections on this one.

I love taking my family with me. My 5 year old boy hiked all the way up Hogback Mountain and back without being carried a step, early this year...a strenuous 5.25 mile round trip hike. My wife enjoys hiking and I proposed to her during a 16 day backpacking trip to Isle Royale National Park where I hiked 99.8 miles (per my GPS that I carried the entire way).

I figured out the problem that I had with the dark videos. I was sending a lot of time in post trying to lighten my videos up. Turns out that DJI GO was resetting my EV to -2.7 I set it back to 0 and restarted the program and it was back at -2.7 so I reset it again and noted to check it on every startup. It seems to have stayed at 0 the second time tho. I did very little color and brightness corrections on this one.

I love taking my family with me. My 5 year old boy hiked all the way up Hogback Mountain and back without being carried a step, early this year...a strenuous 5.25 mile round trip hike. My wife enjoys hiking and I proposed to her during a 16 day backpacking trip to Isle Royale National Park where I hiked 99.8 miles (per my GPS that I carried the entire way).
I was into backpacking in my day. Royale National Park is just a dream to me now with my bones falling apart. My mobility is one reason I bought a drone. I love hiking, caving, photography and I taught survival before it was a popular tv show. I was a scout leader and I taught it to my scouts. I would take my boys on survival camping trips. One of my boys became a ranger instructor and said I know more than the army rangers know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl