Xiaomi Yi wifi or SJCAM Sj4000 wifi

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls. I was going to upgrade the photo and video experience on my fc40. I already have a cheap china gimbal on it and a tilt lever. Works great. I've been looking on youtube and various sites on action cameras and now my choice stands between the Xiaomi Yi 16MP wifi and the SJCam SJ4000 wifi. Would be fun to hear what ideas and thoughts you guys might have. :)

I use a SJ4000 wifi on my hex. The wifi is not too good for FPV but I use it for changing modes on the camera from video to stills etc. I took this video yesterday. I paid about $89.00 for it. I also use a Walkera G2d gimbal
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Sleeper1979
I use a SJ4000 wifi on my hex. The wifi is not too good for FPV but I use it for changing modes on the camera from video to stills etc. I took this video yesterday. I paid about $89.00 for it. I also use a Walkera G2d gimbal

Wow! Nice video. :) So, I decided to go with the Xiaomi Yi. Now the looong wait until it arrives. :D

Hi I use xiaomi yi and for the money you will not be disappointed. I am interested in now getting a gimbal. Seen them on ebay for £35 to fit gopro. 2 questions, 1 will my xiaomi work on this gimbal and 2 are they any good for this money. Pic attached taken at 16mp setting.
YDXJ2414.jpg

Reactions: Sleeper1979
I received my Yi camera about a week ago. Have it on a cheap china gimbal. Works really well. The quality of the pictures and video sure are impressive. :) However, the wifi range were nowhere near the 100 meters as they said in the description. I only get about 10-15 meters at best. Tried to use a router as I used to do with the FC40 camera. But all my efforts at getting it to work have failed.

I ordered some fpv stuff the other week. Didn't buy the OSD this time. Maybe next month. :D I WILL need to upgrade my batteries to. Using Black Magic 2700mAh atm.

I will try to shoot some nice pictures as soon as I get some free time from kids and work. :D

Hi I use xiaomi yi and for the money you will not be disappointed. I am interested in now getting a gimbal. Seen them on ebay for £35 to fit gopro. 2 questions, 1 will my xiaomi work on this gimbal and 2 are they any good for this money. Pic attached taken at 16mp setting.View attachment 23224

Hard to tell you if your Xiaomi will fit the gimbal since you never told us "what" gimbal your going to get. If your asking if the Xiaomi will fit in a Walkera G2D gimbal the answer is no. But there is a simple mod to make it work. A quick search on Google turned this up.

BOT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers