Winter/off season best practices?

Reaction score
I've appreciated others posts about battery storage during anticipated prolonged no fly periods. Are there any similar recommended best practices for the AC or controllers? (mine is a P4 Adv? I've just purchased a GNSS that recommends being powered up at least once a month, so am wondering if there are any similar recommendations for the AC and controller?

Best to power up once in a while? what about charging/discharging the controller (I have a GL 300E and and an F).

Thanks to all the experts who offer such good advice on this forum!

I've appreciated others posts about battery storage during anticipated prolonged no fly periods. Are there any similar recommended best practices for the AC or controllers? (mine is a P4 Adv? I've just purchased a GNSS that recommends being powered up at least once a month, so am wondering if there are any similar recommendations for the AC and controller?

Best to power up once in a while? what about charging/discharging the controller (I have a GL 300E and and an F).

Thanks to all the experts who offer such good advice on this forum!
I've read that the P3P should be powered on periodically to avoid FW corruption on the gimbal top board but I've seen nothing about the P4 suffering from that issue. The RC's also use a Lipo battery so it's probably best not to store it fully charged. Personally, I fly all year round and I'm in Canada. Winter flying is quite doable and the Phantoms have no issues in cold weather. Like any machine, sitting idle for long periods of time generally isn't good for them. I suggest you simply fly once in awhile.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
I thought the RC battery is of different construction than the AC battery and can be left fully charged. Can someone confirm or deny this? The RC does slowly discharge just sitting around. I try to charge it when it's down to one or two lights.

Both RC and AC use LiPo based batterys and both benefit from storage level when not used ...

BUT because the RC only has a low ampage demand - the battery is not as critical on this. This is why you can leave RC fully charged for long periods.

If you know you are not going to use RC for example - the winter period ... then discharge it down to 2 LEDS ... and check it regularly to make sure it doesn't drop below 1 + 2 flashing LEDs .....

Personally as another says - some of the best flying is in winter !!

Reactions: 3rdof5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers