Windsurfers again...

Reaction score
Ok, So there is probably a lot of treads regarding range and the possible extension to this. Anyway, i see a lot of people wondering and asking questions about range, so i thought i share my experience with the P4 using windsurfers.

I bought the windsurfers off eBay for about 10$, so let there be not doubt, this is the cheapest range extender, bang for the buck, u will get! And it works!
Traveling from my cabin, witch is located far away from any kind of disturbance i will typically get about 1500-2000 meters (4500-6000ft?) from home point before RTH. With the windsurfers attached i easily get 4000-4500 meters (12000-15000ft... ok, so I´m from Norway, correct me if I'm wrong here guys :) from home point before RTH. This is reached from an attitude of about 250meters witch is no problem from where i am flying from. Personally i am quite pleased with the range , and wondering what you guys get with the p4, with or without windsurfers.

Reactions: t2adze
As you stated there are numerous threads regarding this subject. General consensus is they do work and to what degree depends on your your flying environment.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Tommy Iversen
Kicked my record 2 days ago. 4.610 meters. Height was also around 220.
I have foldable windsurfers. They definitely increased my range. My next stop is 5KM mark.
If no wind, ill try this weekend!

Flying in open field with nothing around.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Swedish neighbor here :) I recently upgraded toa P4 from my P3 so i havent really tested the range, but from my house i just tried to go 200-250m high and se how long i could get.
Started loosing video at 2000m so i turned back home (no RTH), but i could probably go further on a better spot because there are trees in the way at home...This was without windsurfers. Will try more soon!

Swedish neighbor here :) I recently upgraded toa P4 from my P3 so i havent really tested the range, but from my house i just tried to go 200-250m high and se how long i could get.
Started loosing video at 2000m so i turned back home (no RTH), but i could probably go further on a better spot because there are trees in the way at home...This was without windsurfers. Will try more soon!
Ok so i tried yesterday with the windsurfers in the same spot and the same height! This time i got to 3000m before video cut out so i gained around 1000m with the windsurfers!
I will try on another spot with no trees in the way later :)
(My old P3a got to 2500m at this spot before video was lost btw)

Reactions: t2adze
My P4 has been ordered. I will add this to the long list of accessories. Wondering if this help in any way other than increasing range. In other words, if it is able to increase signal strength at closer range when flying behind obstacles. Hope the question makes sense.

My P4 has been ordered. I will add this to the long list of accessories. Wondering if this help in any way other than increasing range. In other words, if it is able to increase signal strength at closer range when flying behind obstacles. Hope the question makes sense.
I doubt. Dont think windsurfer will help signal break through the building :)) but still worth a try maybe.
I never fly behing objects.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: grin factor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.