What's a lightweight, inexpensive circuit for providing 12v, 3.7-4.2v and 5v onboard?

Reaction score
I'm looking to run all my extra stuff like GoPro camera (3.7-4.2v), TS832 FPV transmitter (12v) and possibly some 5v USB device in the future on a Phantom 2 I'm in the process of modding from used Phantom 2 guts (parts) I've salvaged on the cheap. I haven't invested in GoPro Hero 4 batteries and I would imagine that it would be ideal to run all onboard devices off the single 5200 mAh 3S 20c li-po pack (possibly up to 6000 mAh in the future) in order to have less batteries to worry about charging/dying, save weight and add flexibility to power other low current devices in the future.

I have a couple cheap regulated dc boost/buck converters I won on eBay a while ago for basically nothing, but I'd need one for each voltage, which would take up some extra space and weight from the redundant components.

With the exception of the GoPro Hero 4 Black (draws at most 1.5A, I would guess), I don't anticipate any devices drawing more than 0.5A. Does anyone have suggestions for a circuit that can simultaneously output multiple voltages, is lightweight and economical or am I better of just mounting a bunch of cheap regulated buck/boost converters as mentioned above?

There's power for the GoPro and vTX in the two cables that come out of the main body. The FPV section should have what you need.

If you're adding non-standard stuff, special mods, etc. then you may want a buck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav