What Shade/ Hood Do You Use for your Ipad Mini?

I bought the iPad Air shade to use with my iPad Mini that is in a Lifeproof case. It has plenty of room. I figured more room was better.

Which iPad Air shade did you go with? Does it work okay with the iPad Mini?

I've got a Shield k1, and use the mini hybrid version. I've tried a few different shades and this one is by far the best.

Have a look at these, they are superb and by far the best at reducing glare due to the angle
hoodivision

The hoodvision looks interesting, but I can't tell if it would work without removing my iPad from its case. The magnet version looks like it needs the rear edge to be exposed. And the Velcro version looks like you'd need to stick Velcro to the back of the case, which would be blocked when the screen cover is rolled over to the back.

The hoodvision looks interesting, but I can't tell if it would work without removing my iPad from its case. The magnet version looks like it needs the rear edge to be exposed. And the Velcro version looks like you'd need to stick Velcro to the back of the case, which would be blocked when the screen cover is rolled over to the back.
You're probably right, mines the Velcro version (it's actually not Velcro, but some sort of super sticky hook and loop affair, much better) and it wouldnt work with a case. The 2 great things about it though are
1) The way the viewing angles been designed virtually eliminates glare, 10x better than any other shade I've used.
2) The shade actually fits round the front bezel so all the control/sockets on the tablet are easy to get to.

Is there an opening in the back that's big enough for the clamp to come down far enough to secure a Mini? I can't tell from the pictures.
I also use a 3D printed extender on an Inspire mount. I cut the bottom slot out by about a 1/2". Sorry, no pics with the hood on. Even with a hood glare is a problem. The only way to cruet completely is to make a viewing slot in a full enclosure or with a cloth hood.

IMG_1744.jpg

There is always this creative approach too - Outta the sun

I use a hoodivision on my iPad Air 2. Well worth the money. Brilliant.

No case. I dont think the hoodivision will fit with a case on. Does a real good job of keeping the sun and glare off the screen.

If you take your case cover off (leaving the back cover on) the Hoodivision might fit (if the iPad magnet is exposed as it should be in Smart Cover style cases). In fact, I bought a cheap back cover similar to yours so I could put Velcro on it when I realized the sticky tabs of the Hoodivision don't hold all that well (I didn't want to put Velcro directly onto my iPad. I trimmed this cheap back cover (Amazon.com: Poetic Thinshell Back Smart Cover Partner Case for Apple iPad mini 2 with Retina, Clear (840275102975): Computers & Accessories) very slightly near the iPad magnet for a better fit to Hoodivision magnet but it wasn't absolutely necessary. The magnet on my Hoodivision Mini is 5 1/4" long. So if your bottom case has a gap over the ipad magnet at least that large I bet it'll work.

***Disclaimer: I just now realized that there is a different Hoodivision for the iPad Mini 4. My shade is the model for iPad Mini 1, 2, 3. I can't imagine what could be very different about the two but proceed with caution.

I even use the iPad Mini Hoodivision on my Nexus 7 2nd generation. The Nexus 7, however, doesn't have a magnet in it but my controller clamp holds the Hoodivision to the Nexus 7 just fine. And I put Velcro directly onto the back of the Nexus 7 to hold the Hoodivision side tabs.

I use the one I made on the left. I can leave my iPad mini rugged case on...works great...used white poster board and black poster board...very rigid.....the one on the right I bought from eBay for $15 and it sucks!!!...iPad barely fits in there and my inspire mount won't close down on it...I can send you the template I made to make your own
726835283b0e38341517528cefa050de.jpg
518cd7c5f04e5e4ed3e713de719a3f6b.jpg
a6bd5f8683a005135d408f9964702c88.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have an anti-glare screen protector paired with an Aerial Drone Accessories SunShade. Check it out! It costs a little more then the other ones, but is very well made.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use a hoodi vision but it uses the velcro for my Samsung 9.7 tablet. I do like it though.

Hoodman Aviator. I'm throwing away my cheapee. Bought it at B&H. It's worth the bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1