What can i do with my old P2?

Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has ever gone as far as modding their old p2 into some what of a racing quad?
Maybe someone can lead me to another thread if possible or give me some advice.

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has ever gone as far as modding their old p2 into some what of a racing quad?
Maybe someone can lead me to another thread if possible or give me some advice.
Yeah - it's been done, probably many times. If you put 'Racing Phantom' into Youtube you'll find lots of videos such as this one:-

and also this one:-

Everyone to their own of course and it'll be fun to do no doubt and akin to driving round a Mini Metro with a 5-litre engine under the bonnet/hood!

But the Phantoms are essentially intended to be an aerial photography platform and consequently the shells aren't really meant to survive massive crashes at high speed. Your first crash going at terminal velocity will probably be just that - terminal.... There are far better designs of shell and alternative constructions more suited specifically to racing.

But that said, I happen to have a couple of Bugs3 shells kicking around, (they cost me just GBP5) along with all the necessary bits and pieces to make them into 4-cell racers! All I need to do is find the time... :)

Good luck if you do it!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj