Well go figure

Reaction score
New to drones and purchased a used Phantom 4 yesterday.
Down loaded the DJI Go4 app on my phone and things connected right up. Spent most of the night reading the manual and watching YouTube videos.
I had some free time this afternoon so decided to go for a test run.
Spent an hour trying to get a signal on my iPhone. Read lots of stuff on the internet in what could possibly be wrong.
Being a dummy, I forgot to run the cable from the controller to the phone.

First flight was mostly take offs, landings and testing the return to home, but was a lot of fun.
The pics are just screenshots of some video I took without any filters.
Hoping to read and learn from this site.
9d242688d0670903742e119c365c96e9.jpg
6bd26ab70ea564489a835ea85e98d617.jpg
2f260bd8b2a65f5916a545b6951d425d.jpg

New to drones and purchased a used Phantom 4 yesterday.
Down loaded the DJI Go4 app on my phone and things connected right up. Spent most of the night reading the manual and watching YouTube videos.
I had some free time this afternoon so decided to go for a test run.
Spent an hour trying to get a signal on my iPhone. Read lots of stuff on the internet in what could possibly be wrong.
Being a dummy, I forgot to run the cable from the controller to the phone.

First flight was mostly take offs, landings and testing the return to home, but was a lot of fun.
The pics are just screenshots of some video I took without any filters.
Hoping to read and learn from this site.
9d242688d0670903742e119c365c96e9.jpg
6bd26ab70ea564489a835ea85e98d617.jpg
2f260bd8b2a65f5916a545b6951d425d.jpg

Great Job, that first flight experience is powerful, and sets the tone for your new hobby. You already flew higher and used more of the features than newbies use in a month. Congrats.

Reactions: rward325
Your not the only one who forgot to hook up the cable. I had years of experience before I bought my p-4 and did the same thing.Congratulation
on your purchase. I have had my p-4 for almost two years now and still love it. It's a great hobby

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Your not the only one who forgot to hook up the cable. I had years of experience before I bought my p-4 and did the same thing.Congratulation
on your purchase. I have had my p-4 for almost two years now and still love it. It's a great hobby
Its even worse if you forget to take the cable with you when you go for a fly.

I have forgotten on various occasions:

# The iPad cable.
# The actual iPad.
# The Controller which I walked past on the charger as I headed for the door.
# Assorted bits & bobs which would have been of more use had I taken them with me instead of leaving them on the bed or kitchen table.

These lapses happened even with the ‘security’ of a check list.
Now I gather gear together and pack away everything the evening before heading away. This plan is working ..... so far.

Reactions: Dan AISCF
Yeah, me too. I climbed a high hill one day with everything only to find I'd forgotten my iPhone. Another time I made it to the top of a high hill and had forgotten the SD card. My father said "if you don't make mistakes, you aren't doing anything. If you make the same mistake twice, you aren't learning." So yes, in 4 years of flying, I've forgotten the SD card and iPhone only once.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues