Waypoint height

Reaction score
I have a question. I want to do a mission but one of the poi is around 400'.
I have only lowered flight heights on my previous missions. Can I raise a waypoint height to 400'+? It's also maybe 1/4 mile out so in range but if I lose connection, it will still complete mission and doing good set routeincluding climbing up to the 400' poi and then to next command and so on.
So if that is correct, you could tecnically do a waypoint mission straight up and down.set 1st point at 1000' and then back to home point? If it disconnected it would still go up to whatever height set and back know to home.
Thanks

Mike

What app are you using?.
Litchi will complete a mission even if out of range, Autopilot can be configured to auto complete, I do not know about DJI app as most people would not use it for missions.

So
What app are you using?.
Litchi will complete a mission even if out of range, Autopilot can be configured to auto complete, I do not know about DJI app as most people would not use it for missions.

Sorry. Yes, litchi.
Just want to make sure it will work the same whether in distance or height.

I don't think you can put the waypoints directly on top of each other, you can get them close enough to achieve your desired outcome however.

I don't think you can put the waypoints directly on top of each other, you can get them close enough to achieve your desired outcome however.
I just tested this with the Mission Hub web page...

If you export the mission to a .csv file and open it with a tool like Excel, you can manually edit the waypoints and place two or more at the same lat/lon. Just make sure to change the height. When you import the .csv file, you wont be able to see all of the waypoints at the same location, just the highest number. You can still select the other points by using the arrow keys.

I have not tested this to see if the mission will actually play out correctly.

Last edited:
When first trying Litchi, I thought (wrongly), that the Waypoints would change altitude in a “stepped” fashion. Testing a very simple close-in mission I quickly found out what they really meant. My P4 went from waypoints with different altitudes like it was following an invisible string in the air up or down depending on the settings. I’m glad I found this out early on...

When I said straight up I really just meant if a Litchi waypoint mission would work the same if the waypo8nts were more in a vertical fashion.
Ex: 1st waypoint is 100' distance out (easier to locate)at 600' alt and actions to stay for a few minutes and take some pictures and 2nd waypoint is back to homepoint. But at 500' it loses signal and disconnects. It should still go to next waypoint or points, complete actions and Finnish mission. So in this case, should continue up to 600', take some pics and return to home and do "end action" in my case just hover at 30'.
Was afraid that it would disconnect and continue up as I watch it go up into the drone heavens.
Would der what the max height could be if you just pushed throttle up and had no limit or rth set. Till battery died? Or would other factors set in 1st. ( not testing with minejust curious how it would react in those elements/conditions.

When I said straight up I really just meant if a Litchi waypoint mission would work the same if the waypo8nts were more in a vertical fashion.
Ex: 1st waypoint is 100' distance out (easier to locate)at 600' alt and actions to stay for a few minutes and take some pictures and 2nd waypoint is back to homepoint. But at 500' it loses signal and disconnects. It should still go to next waypoint or points, complete actions and Finnish mission. So in this case, should continue up to 600', take some pics and return to home and do "end action" in my case just hover at 30'.
Was afraid that it would disconnect and continue up as I watch it go up into the drone heavens.
Would der what the max height could be if you just pushed throttle up and had no limit or rth set. Till battery died? Or would other factors set in 1st. ( not testing with minejust curious how it would react in those elements/conditions.
Max height on current DJI firmware is 500m.

You really should read the manual (for AC and litchi and Go App) you will be rewarded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20