Wal mart Black Friday sale

New here, just bought one while grocery shopping at Walmart Sunday night. Saw this leftover deal and couldn't resist
946a50e037b5f75bfde91b0d2aee291c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good for you!

I went to a Walmart in Secaucus NJ, and after looking and asking many 'managers', I was told the 5 they had sold in minutes ... I was needless to say very disappointed. Anyhow, kept on shopping and coming back to the electronics desk now and then, and suddenly I see the 5 units there, and did get one. Better yet, I was back in the store the next day, and there was a gentleman looking for one ... so I simply took him to the electronics desk, and long and behold, there was another unit sitting there (had his name on it it seems).

I tried few drones before, small and large (from Costco and other retailers), most expensive I tried was $100 .... but all of those do not compare to the DJI, the technology in the DJI is simply mind-blowing ... it was the best $400 I've spent in a long time.

Reactions: gvsukids and M_W
My P3S was thru Target, $399 and 15% off, plus some other deal my wife had, ran $320 total.
A steal for what you get.

Reactions: M_W
I had a tip over yesterday on the grass. nothing visible but now I'm scared to fly it. :)

I had a tip over yesterday on the grass. nothing visible but now I'm scared to fly it. :)

Be careful on landing, search around for people having same problems landing. Most often it's pilot error. Use auto takeoff and hand catch it instead of landing to risk damage. I've flipped mine early on

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: puredata
Seems to me that (if my memory serves me) most landing tip overs reported here, are due to the user incorrectly shutting down the Phantom's motors by using "CSC" instead of left stick full down after landing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Seems to me that (if my memory serves me) most landing tip overs reported here, are due to the user incorrectly shutting down the Phantom's motors by using "CSC" instead of left stick full down after landing.

No it wasn't the CSC, but I executed CSC as soon as I realized it's going to tip over. So I'm glad I spent enough time on it in the simulator.

I used to land those cheaper drones without any auto landing and all of a sudden it started to get windy and I wanted to land the DJI quick since I'm not sure how windy weather it can handle. I landed smoothly but than got airborne enough to tip it over the grass. I was trying to land right between the asphalt and grass and luckily it tipped over to the grass side. Minor scratches on one propeller's tip. Nothing else as far as I'm able to see.

But it was a short lasting heart attack.

How do you guys hand catch it? Hold it from one leg and execute CSC using only left stick?

I think the left stick can get 'stuck' in the bottom position, specifically for this purpose. I tried to run my PS3 once, and it tipped over carpet (indoors). Since then, I decided the prop-guards are a must, even though the drone now no longer fits in its case.

I would not pay 169 for that thing. I guess I'm being sarcastic but it's so inferior to the other phantoms.

While inferior to the pro and advanced, the standard is great for someone new who isn't flying over distance and isn't flying as often as a more experienced pilot. With the price difference between the other models, one can spend that saved money on batteries

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Less sophisticated, sure. Inferior, hardly. I've taken a few nice videos within its range and camera limits (I never shoot 4K anyway, although 30fps can get limiting). Plus if I lost it I wouldn't be totally devastated (unlike if my P4 crashed :eek:).

I say if you think you will use it for fun - great, that's a great price, but if you want more sophistication the extra for an advanced is well worth it.

No it wasn't the CSC, but I executed CSC as soon as I realized it's going to tip over. So I'm glad I spent enough time on it in the simulator.

How do you guys hand catch it? Hold it from one leg and execute CSC using only left stick?

Yes. These can handle wind, just let it hover and grab the rear of a leg. Search for that around here.
How to hand catch?
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/How-to-hand-catch?.76348/

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No it wasn't the CSC, but I executed CSC as soon as I realized it's going to tip over.

No offense, but those two sentences don't jive.
CSC is cross stick combination, so how do you perform CSC with only one stick?

To answer your question though, yes you grab the hovering Phantom with one hand, then use full down left stick.

No offense, but those two sentences don't jive.
CSC is cross stick combination, so how do you perform CSC with only one stick?

To answer your question though, yes you grab the hovering Phantom with one hand, then use full down left stick.

I thought holding the left stick 3 secs down called CSC as well, my bad.

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik