Video Editing

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
I am sure this will be elsewhere but... I see drone video footage on YouTube, it's like 30 seconds of footage, then cuts to another section for footage etc.

How do I go about making video clips like this and piece them together to make videos a few minutes long in total.

Again very new to all this, the weekend was my first flying not on mine/my parents gardens, so all help welcomed.

Thanks

Andrew

You can use one of many video editors or even edit the video right on the Youtube site. Many posts here about what video editors people use.

Andrew, there are countless threads on video editing. If you have limited to no experience, try something like Premiere Elements from Adobe. Very user friendly. Also look at Vegas Studio (not pro) and Cyberlink Power Director. These are all PC based. If you own a Mapple computer, one of those has an iOS version. And I believe all three offer free trials.

Also take a look at the free edition of DaVinci Resolve 15.

Afternoon all,
I am sure this will be elsewhere but... I see drone video footage on YouTube, it's like 30 seconds of footage, then cuts to another section for footage etc.

How do I go about making video clips like this and piece them together to make videos a few minutes long in total.

Again very new to all this, the weekend was my first flying not on mine/my parents gardens, so all help welcomed.

Thanks

Andrew
The DJI Go app has a nice easy to use video-editor. It even gives you a 30 second example of your latest flight.

Try this for a few times. After that consider other software. At this moment I'm still using iMovie (it's included with my Mac). Maybe in the future I'll upgrade to some other software. At first I'm practicing my flying and video skills in the air, that's the most fun and with good footage you're doing more than half of the work :)

Yep, DJI Go app is a very basic but probably one of the best solutions for you to start getting familiar with video editing. Openshot might be also quite intuitive for you, it reminds of Movie Maker a lot. For more advanced-level tools, here is a list of the ones available for free.

Windows Live Movie Maker ......

By now you are probably experimenting with video editors. But, if not...consider Filmora. Weird name, but nice inexpensive editor packed with loads of easy to use features. They also have a 30 day trial period and I was able to pick it up fairly easy in just a couple hours of using it. Comes with tons of scene transition fades etc. You can import a soundtrack to accompany your video, cut and move your clips around...also has color levels adjustments, bring up shadows, drop highlights, increase brighteness and so forth.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl