used batteries

Reaction score
Some of my pricey batteries won't hold a charge. Any buyback or core returns to buy new ones - or something like that out there? The off brand ones on ebay aren't that great either. HughFG

Some of my pricey batteries won't hold a charge. Any buyback or core returns to buy new ones - or something like that out there? The off brand ones on ebay aren't that great either. HughFG
None that I'm aware of. Reliable batteries are a must. I would question any demand for a re-built battery. But also think it's a great idea.

If a battery sits too long, it discharges too far. My understanding is that is what makes them brick. I saw a YouTube video showing how to get them to charge again. I HAVE NOT TRIED IT YET. The guy disconnected the board on top. There is a plug. Then he applied a charge directly to the red and black terminals. Red being the positive and Black the negative. He watched it charge with a volt meter and when it got to the voltage listed on the battery he stopped. Put it all back together and it would charge again. Sounds like it could be dangerous so I would use caution if you attempt this.
Can someone try this procedure and get back to me. If it doesn't blow your face off I might try it. The optimum word here is "MIGHT"

Reactions: MTO
May be doable with the phantom batteries as you may be able to dismantle them enough to get at the red and black wires. Sounds like a reasonable solution. I have taken one apart some time ago just to see what was inside. I’ll see if I can do another one and report back. I seem to remember there was some pieces that were glued together that needed to be split.

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj