update firmware while registering goggles?

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the DJI Goggles but am concerned that while registering them with DJI will that allow the firmware and GEO and NFZ's to be updated? If so, I don't want them. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I am considering purchasing the DJI Goggles but am concerned that while registering them with DJI will that allow the firmware and GEO and NFZ's to be updated? If so, I don't want them. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Yip once activated the goggles want the new firmware,,unsure on the process I got noel lemming to set mine up for mucking me around.drone must be on latest firmware aswell

Yeah, afraid of that. If I get a set it’ll be from Amazon so if I see that DJI is going to force me to update the firmware I’ll just send them back. I’ll never upgrade DJzi stuff again and Litchi flies perfectly that way.

Thanks
WA5TEF

Jim you brought up a major concern of mine in as much that I don't want to be forced into changing Firmware. Does anyone know if once you get everything setup will it check for the latest Firmware every time the goggles are turned on? I also ordered from Amazon and I will send it back if I'm forced to upgrade the Firmware!

After 3 extremely frustrating days I finally received a message in my Goggles Screen stating that my DJI Goggles Race Edition was linked to my Mavic Pro. To get to this point I had to upgrade from DJI Go 4 App Version 4.3.14 to 4.3.16. I then received a message stating to upgrade up to 4.3.18 or higher prior to activating my Goggles with DJI. My problem now is 4.3.18 for my MP doesn't even exist! At that point I shut off my Goggles RE and went to bed.

In answer to Jim's question about Aircraft Firmware DJI accepted my existing Mavic Pro Firmware Version 01.04.0500 which hasn't been updated for a long while. Today I'll try to activate my DJI Goggles for my Mavic Pro and hopefully take a test flight.

After wasting 3 days trying to get my MP up to activating with DJI, I'll get started on my P4PV2.

I don't know if all this is worth the DJI imposed aggravation just to get a pilot's seat view when flying my Drones as I've always had a pilot's seat view since the 1950s flying real aircraft!

I found out that I could activate my new Goggles RE using the DJI GO 4 APP 4.
3.16 instead of the required 4.3.18 App that doesn't even exist! I did have a problem Activating as my Goggles and RC both entered in a Activating Loop. I called DJI Support as my RC stated that DJI Activation couldn't verify the Goggles Serial Number. After I read off the S/N to to DJI Support I was told that they showed that my Goggles were Activated. At that time my Goggles showed that the Goggles Battery was dead and wouldn't charge. DJI said to send it back. While getting it ready to send it back to Amazon and moving the head band I saw a momentary Fully Charged Battery Lights flash so even though earlier I had a loud click when I attached the Headband to the Goggles. I experimented pulling the attachment and I would see
momentary Battery Lights. I'm expecting the new Goggles RE tomorrow 05/16/19. The above was for my MP. Next is my P4PV2.

After 3 extremely frustrating days I finally received a message in my Goggles Screen stating that my DJI Goggles Race Edition was linked to my Mavic Pro. To get to this point I had to upgrade from DJI Go 4 App Version 4.3.14 to 4.3.16. I then received a message stating to upgrade up to 4.3.18 or higher prior to activating my Goggles with DJI. My problem now is 4.3.18 for my MP doesn't even exist! At that point I shut off my Goggles RE and went to bed.

In answer to Jim's question about Aircraft Firmware DJI accepted my existing Mavic Pro Firmware Version 01.04.0500 which hasn't been updated for a long while. Today I'll try to activate my DJI Goggles for my Mavic Pro and hopefully take a test flight.

After wasting 3 days trying to get my MP up to activating with DJI, I'll get started on my P4PV2.

I don't know if all this is worth the DJI imposed aggravation just to get a pilot's seat view when flying my Drones as I've always had a pilot's seat view since the 1950s flying real aircraft!
Connecting my DJI Goggles RE to my Phantom P4P V2 was the easiest thing I ever did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20