Troubleshooting P3 4K after a quick dip in the river

Reaction score
I often underestimate my return flight vis-a-vis battery level. It’s gotten me into some situations and miraculous recovery. Last weekend, running low on battery, as I’m descending, the P3 is almost directly overhead. Descent is always slower than I anticipate and it reaches critical battery level and forced descent, which wasn’t an issue except that it was a few feet over the water. I reached out as the gimbal dipped down into the water. I grabbed it although my fingers got chopped a bit. I dried it off and blew it out, but now the gimbal is quirky and doesn’t show a video feed.

Is there anything I can try to get the gimbal working? Alternatively, can I replace gimbal/camera?

Well, sorry for the bird and mostly for your chopped fingers :) Did you blew it out only from outside? Haven't you take it apart and blew it that way? If the gimbal board got water while it was on, then for sure has broken and you can only replace it, but maybe it is enough to replace the main board, but if you want to be sure then yes, you can buy a gimbal with camera, but it is a little expensive (for me)...
If i was you, i would begin with the main board, but first make sure that the roll and yaw motors are ok...

Take care of them fingers....they are not replaceable like the drones parts ! How is the healing process going ? and have you made any decisions of the drones repairs !

Last edited:
Well, I decided that week to just get a Mavic 2 Pro ‘cause I wasn’t gonna miss the fall flying season and a trip to the Bahamas waiting for a drone repair. I didn’t get to fly much at all this summer due to all the rain and my launch sites from the banks of the river being underwater. River wasn’t safe enough to paddle out.

I’ll probably send the P3 off for repair sometime this winter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31