Tripltek- Bright New Drone Tablet

Reaction score
I finally ordered the Tripltek tablet today after 3 years of shopping for a bright drone screen. I chose the Tripltek because it has a 1,200 nit screen that measures 7". It fits on my P4 mount, readily accepts apps, has a micro SD slot so I can play back videos in the field, and can take some rough treatment. Cost was also a major factor- $549 out the door (with promo code), no tax, no shipping.

Incidentally, it also has a ARM 2.52GHz 10 core 64 bit processor with 128GB memory and 6GB RAM, a Mali-T880 GPU, an Android 8.1 Operating System, and a 10,000mAh internal battery. Now I have no idea what any of that means, but I'm way impressed.

Last edited:
Do the DJI control apps load and run successfully on it? They can be fussy on some versions of the Android operating system.

Do the DJI control apps load and run successfully on it? They can be fussy on some versions of the Android operating system.
I have researched this intensely and all indications are that the Tripltek runs the DJI control apps extremely well. That is due in part to the 8.1 version of Android, and the 64 bit processor which enables it to easily handle the DJI Fly app.

Last edited:
I bought the 1000 nit CrystalSky (with the mount) and frankly, I'm disappointed. It works well, but is no brighter than my Samsung Note 10. The advantage is being larger. Wish I would have dug a little deeper and bought the 2000 nit.....buyer's remorse.

I bought the 1000 nit CrystalSky (with the mount) and frankly, I'm disappointed. It works well, but is no brighter than my Samsung Note 10. The advantage is being larger. Wish I would have dug a little deeper and bought the 2000 nit.....buyer's remorse.
Very interesting. I’m glad I waited. Thank you.

The irony here being that if you're well versed on what a "nit" is and how it applies to our craft, that would make you a "nit wit."

Discuss.

D
Wow..... there’s a lot to unpack there..... ?

Reactions: Harleydude
UPDATE:
Tripltek has now added another tablet model- the 7" PRO 8GB Version. It has 8GB RAM 128GB ROM, faster and more efficient Octacore Processor (12FFC), faster Mali G72 GPU(900Mhz), Android 9.0, more LTE bands(B38/39/40/41) and (B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28). Powerful version for professionals who need a Tablet that can handle high demand Graphics (GPU) Aplications like Drone Deploy, Drone Harmony, UAVenture, Kittyhawk... $675.00. If your order hasn't shipped and you want to upgrade, you can do so for $75. Just send Tripletek an email and they will fix you up. I did it and it's easy.... and no, your Captain Drone promo code won't work on the upgrade if you have already used it. lol

Last edited:
I bought the Tripltek tablet on Captain Drone's recommendation. I have a Phantom 4 Pro. I can't seem to get the tablet to connect to the DJI app. What am I missing? I have seen several YouTube vids. No help so far

Last edited:
I just ordered the "Pro" version for shipment on the 24th.

I plan on using it with my P4Pro v1, Air 1 and Mavic 2 Zoom. I have dedicated backup tablets/phones for each bird, as a just-in-case, or if I want to fly "on a whim" without having everything else with me.

I will be most interested if I can load two different version of DJI Go 4 on it. I want to run 4.0.7 with my P4Pro, but for the Air and M2Zoom I want to run the latest version. I have read about using app cloning to accomplish it, but I just need to be sure they will work 100%.

Any feedback from anyone in regards to using app cloning with DJI Go 4 would be appreciated.

Now to find a proper tablet holder for the Air/M2Z. I saw the DJI one, but I would really love one that could allow me to mount up high and forward of the sticks, kinda like the stock one for the P4P.

Reactions: Mavikhan
I bought the Tripltek drone on Captain Drone's recommendation. I have a Phantom 4 Pro. I can't seem to get the tablet to connect to the DJI app. What am I missing? I have seen several YouTube vids. No help so far

Man I am sorry but I don't know. I haven't even received mine yet. Ask Captain Drone for help here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

P.S. Have you tried a different connecting cable?

Last edited:
I just ordered the "Pro" version for shipment on the 24th.

I plan on using it with my P4Pro v1, Air 1 and Mavic 2 Zoom. I have dedicated backup tablets/phones for each bird, as a just-in-case, or if I want to fly "on a whim" without having everything else with me.

I will be most interested if I can load two different version of DJI Go 4 on it. I want to run 4.0.7 with my P4Pro, but for the Air and M2Zoom I want to run the latest version. I have read about using app cloning to accomplish it, but I just need to be sure they will work 100%.

Any feedback from anyone in regards to using app cloning with DJI Go 4 would be appreciated.

Now to find a proper tablet holder for the Air/M2Z. I saw the DJI one, but I would really love one that could allow me to mount up high and forward of the sticks, kinda like the stock one for the P4P.

Did you see this?

Did you see this?
Yeah, I don't have a MA2 or a MM2. I have a P4P, MA1, M2Z.

I did order a DJI tablet holder for the Mavic 2... Also one of the "generic" aluminum tablet holders off Amazon as well.

If I don't like either, I have two real options...

One is a LifThor Mjolnir tablet mount for Mavic series, or the Polar Pro FlightDeck.

The first puts the tablet up and forward, the second is like the DJI/generic option I just bought.

If I really do not like the DJI one or the generic I will send those back (gotta love Amazon Prime). Then I will know if I want the mounting for the tablet down low or up/forward.

Hopefully one or both of the ones I already ordered will fit the bill.

I figure if I end up ordering the Mjolnir or FlightDeck I will end up making a mount that uses the quick-release systems they offer to make things easier and more secure to the Tripltek tablet. The tablet has some nice mount holes on the back already setup, so it shouldn't take much... Now there is an opportunity for the mount makers to make a Tripltek-specific mount bracket.

Imagine if someone came out with a bracket that emulated the Crystalsky mount methodology... The Tripltek would be a drop-in replacement to all those mounts that currently support it. Key is it would have to be aluminum, as I don't think anyone would want a cheap/cheesy 3d-printed bracket that would be prone to failure.

Man I am sorry but I don't know. I haven't even received mine yet. Ask Captain Drone for help here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

P.S. Have you tried a different connecting cable?
Yeah, I bought the tablet after watching this very video. I have tried a different cable. You have to be aware of the size of the USB C end of the cable. One cable that I ordered was too large to fit in the recess of the tablet's connector.

Yeah, I bought the tablet after watching this very video. I have tried a different cable. You have to be aware of the size of the USB C end of the cable. One cable that I ordered was too large to fit in the recess of the tablet's connector.
Try this start up sequence:
  • Turn on the remote controller
  • Turn on the Phantom
  • Wait ~30 seconds
  • Start DJI GO4

Last edited:
Try this start up sequence:
  • Turn on the remote controller
  • Turn on the Phantom
  • Wait ~30 seconds
  • Connect the Wi-Fi on the mobile device
  • Start DJI GO4
What is the purpose of the 4th step, connect the Wi-Fi on the device? The way it has always worked is with a cable from the controller to the device. Nothing seems to work.

What is the purpose of the 4th step, connect the Wi-Fi on the device? The way it has always worked is with a cable from the controller to the device. Nothing seems to work.
My mistake, those are old instructions. Next I would try deleting the DJI app and download it again. Start fresh.

My mistake, those are old instructions. Next I would try deleting the DJI app and download it again. Start fresh.
Thanks for trying to help. Who knew, I had been trying to use a USB A to C cable that I had purchased. Nothing was working. I took out the box that it came in, as I was going to send the tablet back, believing that it was defective. By chance, I tried the original cable that came with the tablet. It was in the box unused. I don't know why, but that cable worked perfectly. Problem solved. Thanks to all who responded to this post.

Thanks for trying to help. Who knew, I had been trying to use a USB A to C cable that I had purchased. Nothing was working. I took out the box that it came in, as I was going to send the tablet back, believing that it was defective. By chance, I tried the original cable that came with the tablet. It was in the box unused. I don't know why, but that cable worked perfectly. Problem solved. Thanks to all who responded to this post.
MAN, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. This makes my day! ????

MAN, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. This makes my day! ????
Me too, since I am awaiting shipping notification of my Pro as well.

I find I need to have a vast number of USB cables available for devices. I always keep the original cables with the devices themselves, or organized so I know which cable came with which device. I also am quite picky about which cables I buy. I usually have "charging cables" that I verify will do proper fast charging, but I do not use those cables for data transfers if I can help it. Then I have quality cables I use for every-day data transfer stuff (including flying drones, transferring pics/videos/etc), and lastly I use the supplied OEM cables for firmware updates and critical operations (ie, a "quality cable" or charging cable goes bad and I need to get something charged or data transfered off in a pinch), but they are rarely used and always kept in perfect shape.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.