P4 Firmware To Update or Not from 1.02.0503

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am new to Phantoms. I have used bebops in the past. I bought a used p4 drone and am working through some issues.

Should I upgrade from firmware 1.02.0503 to the newest 2.00.0106?

It does fly but occasionally gets a gimbal joint sensor initilization error upon start.

What am I losing or gaining from the upgrade. The current firmware is over a year old.

Really appreciate it
Force

Stay put let or take the risk, that is your choice, its hit and miss! just don't know what causes the "miss"

Thanks Ryan,
What would be the risk? Bricking the drone during the update or the restrictive features on the new firmware?
Force

Thanks Ryan,
What would be the risk? Bricking the drone during the update or the restrictive features on the new firmware?
Force

I am updating mine after a massive boosts in positive results, I updated as follows

RC first via app (turn ac OFF) make sure you restart the RC when updated.
Once updated connect the AC to DJI assistant software leaving the RC ON, i removed be SD card
Following the update via the laptop i waited till it completed.
When finished i went straight to calibration on the software (laptop) and followed the on screen instructions. Once completed it told me to restart the AC, i then did an IMU then compass.

Done

The Dji forum users seem to think there are way more risks than reward. I guess many drones don't fly as stable after the update.

FWIW that method Ryan posted is by no means a fix. It's still a random chance you'll get an intoxicated drone on 2.00.106.

FWIW that method Ryan posted is by no means a fix. It's still a random chance you'll get an intoxicated drone on 2.00.106.

Never stated it fixed the issue (if one exists) simply my way I updated.

I think it's more a process not being followed correctly rather than an issue with the SW but I'm flying it shortly so will post results and i wont be holding back either.

Reactions: Goof
So far I'm happy with the new firmware in my P4 (had since May, but I think manufactured last June). The latest GO 4 app seems to be working OK at least in basic flight functions, and yesterday had a chance to do a short flight with the new Litchi update to support the new firmware. Performed a manual takeoff and climb to 300' (I rather liked the new lower prop speeds at idle). Basically a straight and level flight to approx. 1500'. Video and signal good, then did a RTH to check the newly supported Precision Landing. Landed gently on the "H" on the nylon helipad. The only oddity I noticed was during landing descent to around 100' or so I noticed a rather distinctive "wobble". The gimbal did compensate though and is barely noticeable on the descent video. I'm guessing here, but this seems to occur as the Phantom is transitioning from GPS to VPS and I'm not entirely sure its isn't designed to do this to aid the VPS somehow. Back in the hanger with a nice Reuben Sandwich and a pint....

3 batteries used and all is fine, little twitchy in S mode but thats just my tuning settings, happy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72