Tips for preserving battery life?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know that it is not good to store batteries at 100%.

My question is, if I've already charged them up to 100% and ready to fly, but the weather decides to be a piece of **** for the next few days, making me unable to fly for the next 2-3 days with the battery on a full charge for this time period. Will this have a significant impact on the battery's health?

And also, they say batteries shouldn't be stored at a too low charge. So what's this "too low charge" exactly?
How many percent?

I have 2 six month old batteries on my older P2V+ with around 50 charge cycles each but battery health is around 80+% with me regularly flying them about twice a week and storing them at about 30-35% so kinda wondering if this is normal for the battery health to deteriorate at this rate or not

Last edited:
There is a built in facility that will discharge them - factory set to 10 days but you can reduce this in the app. They come from the factory with about 50% charge, so that's what I'd be aiming for.
And remember every time you press the button to check the charge the 10 day counts resets.

Reactions: happydays
If you Google the subject of 'LiPo battery care' or similar you'll find a lot of information.

The rule-of-thumb is store them at 50% chearge or about 11.4vdc for a 3S LiPo.

The rule of thumb for all LiPo batteries is to store them at approximately 3.8v per cell if you're not planning on using them for an extended period. Sorry I'm not sure what percentage that is since I can't seem to stop the whole charge-discharge-charge-discharge cycle right now. It even goes on vacation with me, and has been to work with me a few times too...

if set at 10 days does in lose 10% each day? or does it lose it all on day 10?

Page 17 of the manual cover this and more.

I just received a new battery in the mail today (thanks to NewEgg). I put it in the P3P to see what charge it had from the factory. All cells had 3.77 volts, showing 33% remaining. So I think 35-36% would put it right at 3.8 volts per cell for the ideal storage charge.

Attachments

• 1435199997941.jpg
    1435199997941.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 350

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers