THE DREADED YAW DRIFT. Seems many have this where...

I posted about this with my P4 Advanced over in the Litchi / Control forum but it's not getting much traction so I'll chime in here. For my I notice yaw drift in both my original and advanced Phantom 4, and recently when I did some waypoint flying it became quite apparent, as the aircraft flies in the correct heading but the yaw drifts. The funny thing is with mine is it seems to drift to the west, as I noticed when flying north to south it would drift to the right, and from south to north it would drift to the left.

I am going to do some more missions and try some east-west / west-east waypoints and see how those come out, as well as try some waypoint flying with the GO app and see if it manifests there too.

Here is the video, where I had waypoints north to south. If you place your mouse pointer on a point on the horizon or in the gap between trees just to the left of middle at the start of the video you'll see what I mean.

If you want to see the posting I did on this that shows the mission it is here, the video shows the flight between waypoints 1 and 2

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mine seems to.be doing the same thing. I was wondering if anyone has found a solution. My firmware is up to date. I'm thinking of downgrading to see if this helps

But still you fly low over people and property with a potentially unserviceable aircraft! Perhaps the waving trees and rippling flag (57 sec) may be a clue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic