The Biggest Impact Drones SHOULD Have on Humans?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been thinking about the biggest drones SHOULD have on humans. For me we should have fleets of solar powered AI driven drones who buzz around collect trash and pollution and collecting it to be recycled. These could run 24/7. You could also have tethered underwater drones powered by solar powered panels floating on the seas surface.

What do you think?

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I think that this industry has only just been born, and it is not even walking yet. Just wait. The sky is the limit...

Reactions: BigAl07
Absolutely. I don't delivery drones will work though. It's just way impractical. Their warehouses will have hundreds of drones all flowing in and out one area. For the last two years Amazon have put out press releases just before Christmas to get free publicity.

Also the number of parcels that will stolen once they are delivered will be astronomical.

Drones and robotics in general will very likely have a huge impact on our futures. The drones we have today are the equivalent of the first gasoline engine powered carriages of the last century. Slow, clunky, not terribly smart.

Give it a few years, they will get smarter, reliable, flexible and prevalent. For better or worse, we will have machines that walk, talk, fly, etc. all on their own, with little or no direction from us. If we can avoid using them to kill each other, at least any more so then we do already, it should be all good. [emoji53]

Reactions: thecordman
Definitely. Not only could they be used by governments to collect trash but they could also be used commercially. This is a musical festival when everyone has gone home. Solar powered drones could clean this up.

Still no excuse for people leaving all this trash behind but using drones would be an ideal solution.

1trash.jpg

Definitely. Not only could they be used by governments to collect trash but they could also be used commercially. This is a musical festival when everyone has gone home. Solar powered drones could clean this up.

Still no excuse for people leaving all this trash behind but using drones would be an ideal solution.

View attachment 105529
You all paint a fantastic future, but, my god it will be very noisy, don't think I would want that.
Here's to the development of the quiet stealth drone, a bit of seen and not heard.

You all paint a fantastic future, but, my god it will be very noisy, don't think I would want that.
Here's to the development of the quiet stealth drone, a bit of seen and not heard.

Absolutely.

I for one welcome our new drone overlords, and fully support them in their autonomous efforts to progress from trash collection to complete world domination.

Maybe they can be used to reduce terrorism. Something needs to be done. In London there have been a number of car attacks in London. Drones could be fitted with technology that burns the engines of cars that try to run people over.

But all that progress in technology would be for criminals too. Don't forget that.

Reactions: DR.B

View attachment 105529

Or make prisoners pick it up, hire some local kids to clean it up.

I think drones are cool and can't wait to film with them, getting neat areo movies, but all this Sci-Fi stuff with drones delivering packages by air to your door, cleaning up trash and everyone in the neighborhood owning a drone for some sort of convenience, is so stupid to me. Also they aren't high tech, been around for decades, military and such and it's just a rotor craft linked to GPS like a phone and nothing more than an old school RC helicopter with GPS location and a camera stuck on it.

As far as drones flying around with A.I intelligent, saying hello to me as it delivers my Amazon package on my porch on a nice, sunny day while drinking my StarBucks.....oh screw that, lol....I hope I'm long gone by then. Tech is cool, but sometimes it has to stop....I'm not going to live in some Terminator movie, lmao.

Reactions: MTO
But all that progress in technology would be for criminals too. Don't forget that.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting we don't develop any technology whatsoever in case criminals use it?

Or make prisoners pick it up, hire some local kids to clean it up.

I think drones are cool and can't wait to film with them, getting neat areo movies, but all this Sci-Fi stuff with drones delivering packages by air to your door, cleaning up trash and everyone in the neighborhood owning a drone for some sort of convenience, is so stupid to me. Also they aren't high tech, been around for decades, military and such and it's just a rotor craft linked to GPS like a phone and nothing more than an old school RC helicopter with GPS location and a camera stuck on it.

As far as drones flying around with A.I intelligent, saying hello to me as it delivers my Amazon package on my porch on a nice, sunny day while drinking my StarBucks.....oh screw that, lol....I hope I'm long gone by then. Tech is cool, but sometimes it has to stop....I'm not going to live in some Terminator movie, lmao.

I completely agree about delivery drones. The whole concept is ridiculous. There is an Amazon warehouse near me which is a few hundred metres from a housing area and also just off one of the busiest motorways in Europe. The idea of delivery drones buzzing in and out of it is just ridiculous.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting we don't develop any technology whatsoever in case criminals use it?
Yes, criminals can use whatever technical invention mankind has invented yet. All technical improvement can be used for good or bad purposes. The history teaches us.
This is just the truth statement. I've no intention to judge inventions. So it is. Therefore I believe that the terminator scenario is inevitable.

Last edited:
Yes, criminals can use whatever technical invention mankind has invented yet. All technical improvement can be used for good or bad purposes. The history teaches us.
This is just the truth statement. I've no intention to judge inventions. So it is. Therefore I believe that the terminator scenario is inevitable.

I think that drones can be used for many different applications. Applications which could have a huge benefit to our planet.

I agree drone technology has the ability to affect every aspect of Our Lives for the good.

That depends on ones perspective. If the US military can use predator drones to rain down death and destruction at will then why can't that same technology be used for the better of man. The fact of the matter is it can and it is, the United States is just so far behind in drone technology because elsewhere in the world they're making a difference for the better. Of course the US government doesn't report that they only report what they want you to know which is the negative.

USA has already got more drones than manned aircrafts in the middle East.
It says it all. I also agree that there will be more applications than we can foresee right now. For instance, drones with sprays doing on building site stakeout work, which right now is very time and man hour consuming task.

Last edited:
What no one here has mentioned yet about drones in the future is that they will have artificial intelligence, both on board AND in their controllers. This will allow unimaginable performance like flying within almost inches of each other avoiding collisions, precision routes, even large drones dispatching smaller drones, delivery to specific spots on one's property. I think the greater inventions will be affected by artificial intelligence more than the mechanical means to operate machinery. Batteries will be changed, too. They are already called "intelligent" but will chemically provide very long endurance. Drones will have auto launch pads. For instance on a large farm they will be able to launch, fertilize a field, come back, reload, and complete a mission almost on their own, just observed or aided in the refill process. We are in the infancy stage. In just a few years we'll be saying "I remember my first drone. It was one of the early ones."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20