tablet to buy

Reaction score
New to this, work with me please. Need to know what tablet to buy for my phantom 3 ?
I pad mini 2
I pad mini 3
Ipad mini 3 with wi/fi and cell ?
I pad air
I pad air with wi/fi and cell ?
16 / 64
Thanks for the help

There's no simple answer .. If there was we'd all be using the same tablet.
Here are some from the P3 Specs but this is not an exhaustive list as several others work quite well.
Recommended Devices
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
  • *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues
Some tablet discussion here ...
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/android-tablets.40790/

There's no simple answer .. If there was we'd all be using the same tablet.
Here are some from the P3 Specs but this is not an exhaustive list as several others work quite well.
Recommended Devices
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Android: Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini
  • *Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues
Some tablet discussion here ...
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/android-tablets.40790/
Yes seend on dji website, just tried to getw what your using.

Grew up with a Steve Huff in Brewton, AL many years ago, got my curiosity up. Thanks
From upstate n.y. seems more huff here in the south . Roots are from pa. Use android for my phone, thought I might try apple, seems like you get more detailed apps.

stevehuff try looking under P3 forums and also post your ? there. I have just received a new Gaxie S4 tab that I plan to use only for my flying. However I'm out of town until the weekend and haven't had a chance to use. Like you, I'm a newbie too. I have a PV2+ V3 and found lots of helpful folks on this forum here's a link for on just one of many PV2+ forums that helped me make my mind up.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/compatiable-tablet.22248/

BOL to you and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
From upstate n.y. seems more huff here in the south . Roots are from pa. Use android for my phone, thought I might try apple, seems like you get more detailed apps.

Not sure about the P3 as far as apps but I use both at home and it seemed the opposite with apps and actual apps being developed by a couple of individuals particularly for Android. Way more features JIMO of course. I'll try and hook you up a couple more links to DROID apps. I'll not hold the da*ned yankee again you friend. Being a transplant to FL I'm sure they told you the difference between a yankee and a damned yankee? ;)

You need to decide your preference of platform. iOS or Android. Looks like you prefer Apple products. Next determine budget vs. display and size. The newer the model the more likely future updates will be compatible. Apple's iOS has jumped with new devices and made older units obsolete. That being said, the newer two models should run the app just fine. Lastly, is this the only purpose for the device? That will decide storage size and if you need cellular connection. If you plan to use the iPad in areas without wifi then go with the cellular option. If you don't NEED the cellular option you can save some money.

Android tends to be cheaper across the board with peripheral options, while apple products require special wifi adapters to use such as HDMI, USB, etc. An android would allow you to pull the memory card and view the files on site. Android also tends to maintain app functionality longer. For Android you'll need Kit Kat OS at a minimum. Apple is currently running iOS 8 so anything that supports that should work. The apple device may need a larger HD to run the iOS.

Apple verify's it's apps and restricts them before release while Android is an open platform where you may have more options.

This is probably more than you wanted but as suggested before compare based on DJI's specs sheet.

Reactions: captblast
Today I connect my friends Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with my P3. I was very suprised how it works. Here we speak about the tablet that cost 130$. Video on Tab had a little bit delay, but that was negligible because if you shoot for fun and don't need so expencive devices this will be one cheap solution. This is dual core, so I also find Samsung Tab 4 (sm-t530) with quad core for 250$, so if tab 3 works fine, I think that tab 4 will be one good and reasonable device. What do you think about that?

Just revieved my P3 tonight and I tried my tab 3 but it's a smidge too big to fit into the holder. I don't wanna force it in case I snap something.

I have the Tab 3 I use with the Vision Plus. Love it. Can get them used for $100.00

Just revieved my P3 tonight and I tried my tab 3 but it's a smidge too big to fit into the holder. I don't wanna force it in case I snap something.

Is the part that connects to the controller like the old ball mount? If so I found a cheap dollar store phone holder that does the trick and went right on the factory part.
IMG_0396_zpsjz6ifxem.jpg

Today I connect my friends Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with my P3. I was very suprised how it works. Here we speak about the tablet that cost 130$. Video on Tab had a little bit delay, but that was negligible because if you shoot for fun and don't need so expencive devices this will be one cheap solution. This is dual core, so I also find Samsung Tab 4 (sm-t530) with quad core for 250$, so if tab 3 works fine, I think that tab 4 will be one good and reasonable device. What do you think about that?
Probley going with ipad air 2, not rich, but always buy the best, not saying it's the best, just saying. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers