Some Fall Flying in Boone N.C.

I have lived on the beach and got tired of the sand. Your video is beautiful. That is my favorite scenery for a video and I never get tired of it. I think I'll go out on the back porch and see some more. Oops, too cold. lol. It ain't a mansion , but it's paid

Last edited:
I used to live in North Wilkesboro and visited Boone quite often, mosty to ski. Nice to see it. I like your work and footage. One thing that might make it stronger would be if you changed the images on a strong musical beat. You have that strong 'cord' in the underscore and if the images changed on that exact beat, it would improve the flow. You images seem to switch at any random place independent of the musical beats. Just a thought, I liked your video regardless. Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: Phoenix One
I used to live in North Wilkesboro and visited Boone quite often, mosty to ski. Nice to see it. I like your work and footage. One thing that might make it stronger would be if you changed the images on a strong musical beat. You have that strong 'cord' in the underscore and if the images changed on that exact beat, it would improve the flow. You images seem to switch at any random place independent of the musical beats. Just a thought, I liked your video regardless. Thanks for sharing it.
Its a great place to be. Gonna try to get some flying in today. Had plans to go snowboarding in Boone and planned on getting some good shots. And thank you for the advice i really appreciate it. I def noticed a few clips were offbeat. Im pretty bad at that.. Lol i was rushing and wasnt being thorough. But davinci resolve and my computer havent been jiving lately. I just switched to premier pro but havent had a chance to use it. Im still new in editing but know enough to have not made the mistakes i did. I was also not happy with my final color correction because i felt the video became more blurry and darker.. And it was all i could do to make it look that decent. So after that i kinda gave up now i wish i did more. Lol. But learn and grow. Thanks Rob for watching and giving your honest opinion. Means alot!

You will like Premiere Pro. Check out the 'Lumetri Color' effect you can use on footage to correct it. It's pretty powerful and will be fun for you to play with. With practice and repetition, all of the editing stuff becomes easier and faster. Just keep shooting and posting, that's the most important thing.

It doesn't have to be perfect all the time. If you are delivering it to a client of course you don't want to give up until you are sure you can't do anything to improve it any further. But, for posting fun videos to show your work in a place like this forum, things can be a little less polished I think. We all learn from feedback. We need to keep that in mind when we post things because someone will "always" have something to say as critique, like it or not. But if the critique is positive and we learn something, isn't that what it's all about on social media?

Beautiful place you live. Keep shooting and sharing.

Reactions: Phoenix One
Totally agree! Very motivating and very humbling. I like your mindset. I'm actually going to start doing a lot more sharing and posting my process on getting my part 107. Starting to do a more of a vlog on my YouTube channel going to crank it up a notch for 2021! Learned alot but still got plenty to learn. If you ever come this way give a shout!! And if you have a channel or anything. Id love to check it out. Thanks again!

I haven't been to that part of the country in a long time but if I do, I try to remember to reach out to you. Thanks... I've traded my skis for sails and spend my time on the water instead of the slopes now...lol... We used to skip school in High School and drive to Boone to ski at Sugar and Beach Mountain. They had a $5 lift ticket on Wednesdays in the late 1970's...(I'm showing my age). So yea, keep shooting, keep posting and keep learning. You too have the right mindset!

As for my channel or work, drones are not my primary profession. I'm a 3d animator. I use drones to incorporate footage into other things. My website is 'NVision4d.com' if you want to see my work and there are drone images there as well. I've posted a few images of what I use drones for. These are 3d visualizations of how an intersection (roundabout) might look if were built. It's used my communities to get public support and state funding for projects, or to show the public what an "in progress" construction project will look like when finished. The drone is used to gather the existing footage over which I create 3d to merge onto it.

Shot1-A_s.png
Shot1-B_s.png
Shot1-C_s.png
Shot2_s.png
Shot3_s.png
Shot5_s.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members