Seeking Drone Operators for 2020 Ocean Cleanup

Reaction score
We are looking for a few exceptional and experienced volunteer drone operators for our 2020 ocean clean up campaign. Please view the 2019 campaign video here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. The primary ship will be the S/V Kwai:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Drone operations include multiple daily drone sorties from the ship searching for marine debris, collection of B-roll cinematic clips, documentation of marine debris retrieval, and collection of onboard interviews of crew.

Requirements: Proven ability to launch and land from a moving ship in various sea conditions (Using the Mavic 2 Pro or other DJI drones) with help. Ability to see small objects in a big ocean. Proven ability to compose cinematic shots. Ability to get along with small groups of people for periods of up to 4 weeks.

Benefits: First, being a part of the first responders working to clean up our oceans. Second, building your skill level - Nothing will challenge you more than flying from a moving ship. Third, and actually most important, you will be a primary actor in making the world a better place. Lastly, you will be able to compliment your resume in a way very few people will be able to do.

If interested, please PM me with your ‘drone resume’ including links to your are aerial work.

Greg

Last edited:
I would have jumped on this. Even have experience launching and recovering from a moving small pontoon boat on the Potomac River, but - sucks being handicapped (drunk driver wiped me out). I have posted this on my other social media outlets.
DAM 3 RUINS 2019-08-29 On The Potomac River 1 of 3
Sorry that happened to you. Glad however, you were here to take and post that great video.

With just one debris patch being twice the size of Texas, it's gonna take a lot of 4 week trips to extract it all. Especially if you're going to do it finding one milk jug at a time. And with the weight alone being in the trillions of tons, "you're gonna need a bigger boat". My prayers are with these guys.

With just one debris patch being twice the size of Texas, it's gonna take a lot of 4 week trips to extract it all. Especially if you're going to do it finding one milk jug at a time. And with the weight alone being in the trillions of tons, "you're gonna need a bigger boat". My prayers are with these guys.

I totally and completely agree with you on this!

I totally and completely agree with you on this!

I agree too, but it's a start, given the sat-tags give us a big head start. Plus, the ships use wind-power (sailing) when possible and the advantageous passing of other ships to tag the debris, costing millions less than the other options, with greater success.

The debris is so scattered that it takes weeks to find enough to fill the ship's hold. That's why the trackers are so important and make each trip more efficient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.