Screwed up controller antenna, need part

Reaction score
I had a very difficult time removing the glue and antenna wires from the part seen below and I destroyed the 2 connections. Anyone know if I can purchase the part seen in the first photo?
thanks

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 362
Thank you I agree. I do have a spare controller but I was hoping not to open that for fear of screwing that one up too lol. I've got a friend I bet could solder it if I find the connections.
THANKS

They are UFL connectors. I will be taking your advice and soldering on some new one I found on amazon
Thanks again!
Antenna-cables-connectors-gender.jpg

I would consider myself very competent with a soldering iron, but I failed to solder one of these UFL connectors to a friends P3 controller until the 5th try. He buggered it up when fitting an Argtek antenna system. I hope you have good eyes and a big powerful magnifying glass!

Reactions: Billy Banana
I would consider myself very competent with a soldering iron, but I failed to solder one of these UFL connectors to a friends P3 controller until the 5th try. He buggered it up when fitting an Argtek antenna system. I hope you have good eyes and a big powerful magnifying glass!

Lol. My friend does

I would recommend cleaning all the solder off the area to be soldered. You should be looking at just a tinned area, just colored silver by a very thin coat of solder. There’s a tool called a “solder sucker” in tech circles, about $6. Bucks local parts store. Use it to help clean the area. Once cleaned, tin your new connectors before installing them, put them in place. Now your soldering solder to solder on the board. Just a tiny bit of solder will work and this way you cut down on heat issues. I’ve seen the foil traces curl up off the PC board due to too much heat. Go slow, make everything perfect then place n solder. It would be a good idea to wear a static band that’s grounded as a lot of these chipsets can be damaged by static charges on your hands. For what it worth

I would recommend cleaning all the solder off the area to be soldered. You should be looking at just a tinned area, just colored silver by a very thin coat of solder. There’s a tool called a “solder sucker” in tech circles, about $6. Bucks local parts store. Use it to help clean the area. Once cleaned, tin your new connectors before installing them, put them in place. Now your soldering solder to solder on the board. Just a tiny bit of solder will work and this way you cut down on heat issues. I’ve seen the foil traces curl up off the PC board due to too much heat. Go slow, make everything perfect then place n solder. It would be a good idea to wear a static band that’s grounded as a lot of these chipsets can be damaged by static charges on your hands. For what it worth
Awesome, thanks Rick

I second the solder sucker, I used it, de-soldering braid and acid flux to get a real good clean mating surface. It is **** tricky but doable.

Reactions: Billy Banana

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3