Remote charges half way

Reaction score
I have a P4 and I’ve developed an odd problem where the battery for the remote will only charge half way according to the four lights. Thought the battery was going bad so I ordered a brand new one only to find it will charge the new battery half way also.
Anyone ever had this happen or have any ideas?

Reactions: Jim Canada
Check the battery with a volt meter, battery could be fully charged and problem is with the indicator on the controller. I had a similar problem with my P3P.

I know it’s been awhile but with everything going on I haven’t been able to try the heat gun. That and I’ll admit I was pretty nervous about trying it! Until last night, stayed up till 3am but I got it fixed. Now charges just like it used to, going to take the bird out for a test flight this morning. Thanks guys for the help!

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Mine does the same thing. I heated the board and got it to about 95% but it is back to showing 55% when the lights stop blinking and shows it is charged. I am wondering about it like edmonroe. Is the battery really charged up but on showing 55%. I am like one of the other guys I put in a new battery so I don't think it is that. I have been putting off reflowing it again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik