Pushing the Spark to it's limits at Breckenridge Colorado

Reaction score
First day of vacation at Breckenridge CO. Took the Spark with me snowboarding in my backpack. The batteries stayed nice and warm but the wind was killer. My UAV Forecast said 18 mph wind gusts but later on the local news they said 40 mph gusts! The first time I tried to fly from the top of the mountain (11589 feet altitude) the Spark just about got blown away. I regrouped and headed down the montain and found a spot more protected from wind. I stayed away from Breck Village since Vail has similar rules about flying over the resort buildings and groups of people. (Breckenridge is owned by Vail) Enjoy!

Reactions: Neon Euc
Down memory lane for me. Have been on ski holiday in B-ridge from uk.
Fantastic snow conditions,brilliant long runs.
Wish u had extended each scene somewhat and slower panoramic shots. Guess ur fairly new to ariel shots, but loved to see your vid.

that was cool, doesn't the spark have follow me mode? Would have been cool to have it track you from above/behind slightly for a while.

You used go pros too I presume for the shots on the board etc.?

that was cool, doesn't the spark have follow me mode? Would have been cool to have it track you from above/behind slightly for a while.

You used go pros too I presume for the shots on the board etc.?
I used the follow me mode once at 1:16 and it didn't perform that well. The Spark DOESN'T change elevation so you get smaller and smaller. And because you're carving back and forth, the shot seemed very jerky.
And yes, GoPro 3 and 5 for all the ground work. Thanks for watching

So jealous. Colorado was my first ever snowboard holiday way back in 1998. Went to beaver creek and pretty sure I went to where you are too. Haven't boarded since 2003. Great footage by the way [emoji4]

Reactions: BingErr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT