Point of Interest Question

Reaction score
If I’m testing POI mode correctly, you must be directly overhead of your POI and then back off 16 feet or more at the correct altitude and you can start the mode, I got that part but here’s my question... if I want to do a POI mode and can not fly directly overhead of my POI (legally) can I setup POI on a dummy target away from my actual target and then stay in POI mode and fly over to my POI and continue the mode there? Maybe I’m missing something and you don’t need to be directly overhead POI to use this mode? Appreciate any help, thank you.

if I want to do a POI mode and can not fly directly overhead of my POI (legally) can I setup POI on a dummy target away from my actual target and then stay in POI mode and fly over to my POI and continue the mode there?
I don't think so.
Why don't you test it in a large open area and find out?

That was the next step if nobody knew on the forum. Have just the place to test this too. Will see how it goes. Thanks

You can move the POI in Litchi. I made a video showing this using orbit mode which is a POI operation. You have to stop it then move the POI, but this is what you mean I think. If set to begin at "Nearest point" the drone will then move to the area of the moved POI point.

Reactions: tevek
Not sure about stopping it to move the waypoint. I was thinking about totally preprogramming the orbit in the armchair. Place the POI where you want, set the parameters and save it. Load it when ready to execute and then go.

That was the next step if nobody knew on the forum. Have just the place to test this too. Will see how it goes. Thanks
You can't in Go App, Have tried .

You can't in Go App, Have tried .
Yeah. I suggested Litchi because Go wants you to fly to the points you want to program. Including waypoint missions. Litchi uses a different design center. You can preprogram on the map. But you need to be careful about the path you program with respect to obstacles. ;)

I do own Litchi and do really like it but I bought Crystalsky a few weeks back and I have got to say it would be real hard to use a tablet or phone again and haven’t used Litchi since. Only because You can’t have it on CS. That’s another story. Other problem is both of my controllers have the CS mount on them so I would have to lay my tablet on a table or something next to the controller. It could work though, upload the Litchi flight plan and let her rip. The entire flight will be in VLOS also so maybe I’ll do that. Certainly appreciate helping explore all the possibilities I never think off. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor