Photos of my home in Guatemala

Reaction score
Foto 5 Feb 2019b (2).jpg

Foto 5 Feb 2019c (2).jpg

My profile photo is from the lake. Now from the other side. I am trying to improve my photography and videography skills.

Guatemala is the land of the eternal Spring. Sure wish I could send some of the warmth up there. I was in Chicago in January and left just as the big freeze was hitting.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Just keep doing what your doing and after you view yours pictures....the next time out eliminate things that were not good and you will be doing a super great job with the pictures and the videos too asap !......I clicked on the link and enjoyed a great look of your country and what the temps were....we all would love to hear from you from time to time and see some more pictures too....Thanks for the share here.

I took these early this morning. Used ISO 100 and an ND8 filter. In the last one, there was haze over the lake. I am still learning, but I am pleased with how these turned out.
DJI_0013.JPG

DJI_0015.JPG
DJI_0009 (1).JPG

You should be pleased with these latest results. The quality is excellent and the compositions are fine. What is the volcano?

You should be pleased with these latest results. The quality is excellent and the compositions are fine. What is the volcano?
Thank you. I am excited that I am getting results. In photos 1 & 2 that is Agua Volcano. In photo 3, To the right of the puff on the mountain, about 2/3 with a cut off top, is Pacaya Volcano. It has a really tiny puff of smoke. Every night we can see the lava flow. It brings new meaning to a lava lamp.

This may be less interesting to many, but this is the work that I am doing with the archaeologists. We take high quality photos high on the cliff with the drone and then the archaeologists change the saturation to reveal the paintings (see the colored boxes). I will attach an example. It is thought that the paintings were put there by Mayans in boats when the river went through.

Attachments

• DJI_0086.JPG
    DJI_0086.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 212
  • DJI_0086 with saturation.jpg
    DJI_0086 with saturation.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 196
Well This Guy here in Kansas finds the pictures very interesting and i would love to see more and IF you wanted to send them by way of the personal messages here then Thats great.....Thank you for the posts and pictures too.

Reactions: Archaeo Drone
Thank you. It is at a place called Golondrinas (swallows) in San Miguel Dueñas, west of Antigua.

I am working on my skills. I took some video and I hope to do something with that and get it uploaded to Youtube. For now, here are some new photos.

Attachments

• DJI_0237.JPG
    DJI_0237.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 216
  • DJI_0239.JPG
    DJI_0239.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 174
  • DJI_0247.JPG
    DJI_0247.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 195
  • DJI_0224.JPG
    DJI_0224.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 168
  • DJI_0205.JPG
    DJI_0205.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 172
YOU ARE DOING A BEAUTIFUL JOB.......wow....Lucky You to live in such a very beautiful area.....it all looks way beyond Beautiful..Thanks for the share too and " i always enjoy your PMs too " !....A GREAT BIG Thank you for being MY Friend too.

Reactions: ArcheoDrone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl