Phone overheating

Reaction score
Hey guys, beginner pilot here. I'm a filmmaker trying to learn for filming purposes to extend my range of knowledge. I have 2 main issues with flying this thing.
1. It loses connection quite a bit. Sometimes it's only for a second and in those cases, it'll constantly be going in and out of connection. Sometimes it just won't connect unless I close the app and try again.
2. My phone keeps overheating. Usually it'll just go into "emergency mode" and close down other apps but today it actually shut off. I figured it was time to contact the experts.
Do you guys have any tips on keeping a good connection? And more importantly, do you have any tips on keeping my phone cool? The only thing I can think of is turning it on airplane mode but I'm not sure if that will help keep anything cool.
I have a Google Pixel 3A running Android 10 OS
Thanks in advanced!

Reactions: Capt KO
Airplane mode may help a bit as your phone will be using less resources. This is a though time of the year with the heat. I use and iPad mini but I keep it in a cooler until I am ready to fly and throw it back in the cooler for a few minutes at each batter change. Also make sure you are not charging your phone with the controller as that will cause more heat. Good luck!

oh, the disconnecting could be related maybe? Not sure, you can always try another cable to rule that out.

Hey guys, beginner pilot here. I'm a filmmaker trying to learn for filming purposes to extend my range of knowledge. I have 2 main issues with flying this thing.
1. It loses connection quite a bit. Sometimes it's only for a second and in those cases, it'll constantly be going in and out of connection. Sometimes it just won't connect unless I close the app and try again.
2. My phone keeps overheating. Usually it'll just go into "emergency mode" and close down other apps but today it actually shut off. I figured it was time to contact the experts.
Do you guys have any tips on keeping a good connection? And more importantly, do you have any tips on keeping my phone cool? The only thing I can think of is turning it on airplane mode but I'm not sure if that will help keep anything cool.
I have a Google Pixel 3A running Android 10 OS
Thanks in advanced!

Get a cool pack on Amazon, put it in a plastic bag and then mount that behind your phone to keep it cool for a bit. Had to do that with my iPad which are notorious for overheating. I usually carry four cool paks with me in the summer months now to ensure I don't lose the tablet.

Many reasons for disconnect. Location usually, blocked signal from trees, etc, or interference from nearby metal objects, even WiFi.
Solution, Move if possible or live with it.
Good luck, enjoy your new perspective.

P3S will usually benifit from some sort of range extender. I used a simple reflector type with success. Some other guys here have more experience there. You might try the 'search' function here for more info on increasing P3S range.

P3S will usually benifit from some sort of range extender. I used a simple reflector type with success. Some other guys here have more experience there. You might try the 'search' function here for more info on increasing P3S range.
Where did you see he was flying a P3S? I was going to ask what drone he had??

When you say "loses connection" what exactly do you mean? How far away are you flying it?
Heating up - don't forget that whatever you've connected to the RC to fly with is being charged from the RC battery at the same time it's run Ning the program to fly with. It's doing a lot of work but must admit have never found this to be a problem with my old P3A and Nvidia K1 Shield.

Reboot your phone and shutdown all other not essencial apps and go to airplane mode to stop the phone function.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20