Phantom look a like!

Reaction score
Went to fly at one of my favorite locations yesterday, in between rainfall, I figure I had about 20 minutes before next deluge. So, I get to my 550 acre location & I see 2 Phantoms buzzing really low & wide open along a wide field. I thought , to fast & to low just before one caught some long straw & tumbled into the weeds. I saw these 6 teens, all hi-fiving each other. So, I just stood about 100 yards off in the tree cover & watched their antics. A couple of them went off to find the downed Phantom, the others watching/filming the other boy as he pushed his bird straight up, out of sight, Lost signal the op yelled as the others tried to pick out the bird in the low cloud cover. My dog gave away my position, so I walked to them & introduced myself- Want a beer one said, & watched them pop a few cold ones from a big cooler.
What you flying one asked - I answered-P3A & they asked to see it, Really want a Phantom the pilot told me they weren't flying Phantoms, but - A look a like called the UpAir, I mentioned "you know we have a new Canadian alltitude limit now, eh, - 90 meters".
Seems they think as long as there is no one around, these laws don;t apply. Anyway, the rain began so I said my good byes, Really coming down as I ran for tree cover, & they were still trying for their altitude record.
You know, I had a mind to go back & discuss with these guys, the do's & don'ts of flying, but with the rain & all, plus the fact I think I'd be wasting my breath, I left.
Not sure if I did the right thing, but, I just had a bad feeling.
I;m going back next few days, if I;m not out numbered I;m going to confront, that pilot, if I can call him a pilot.

Went to fly at one of my favorite locations yesterday, in between rainfall, I figure I had about 20 minutes before next deluge. So, I get to my 550 acre location & I see 2 Phantoms buzzing really low & wide open along a wide field. I thought , to fast & to low just before one caught some long straw & tumbled into the weeds. I saw these 6 teens, all hi-fiving each other. So, I just stood about 100 yards off in the tree cover & watched their antics. A couple of them went off to find the downed Phantom, the others watching/filming the other boy as he pushed his bird straight up, out of sight, Lost signal the op yelled as the others tried to pick out the bird in the low cloud cover. My dog gave away my position, so I walked to them & introduced myself- Want a beer one said, & watched them pop a few cold ones from a big cooler.
What you flying one asked - I answered-P3A & they asked to see it, Really want a Phantom the pilot told me they weren't flying Phantoms, but - A look a like called the UpAir, I mentioned "you know we have a new Canadian alltitude limit now, eh, - 90 meters".
Seems they think as long as there is no one around, these laws don;t apply. Anyway, the rain began so I said my good byes, Really coming down as I ran for tree cover, & they were still trying for their altitude record.
You know, I had a mind to go back & discuss with these guys, the do's & don'ts of flying, but with the rain & all, plus the fact I think I'd be wasting my breath, I left.
Not sure if I did the right thing, but, I just had a bad feeling.
I;m going back next few days, if I;m not out numbered I;m going to confront, that pilot, if I can call him a pilot.
Good read being alone i think you did right thing,it hard to find the right wording in these times ,,just 4 days ago flying a local park i got a local come up and threaten to shoot me out the sky,another idiot thinking i was spying just cause it had camera,i was not in good mood and told him to leave(nicely),,im pretty legal and have permission from airshare and local council ,have recently learned he threatens all and cops now trying to find him,the worst thing with this guy was not bein open to info i was trying to explain ,,

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31